• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Luckydogg's virtual pin project

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I was going to suggest using this cable channel which can be bought from Sayal for $10 to keep things tidy. I used it in my own pinmame cab and the only downside to this is in case you need to troubleshoot you will need to figure out which wire is which. I got around this by using different coloured coded wires or zip tied up stuff that belonged to the same group such as my Siemens contacts for the force feedback, RGB LED flashers, etc...

7373088692_b5d1b971d1_c.jpg

I also used cable sleeves to keep group of common wires together cleaner too

7373088106_e3e81eaec7_c.jpg

Looks great so far and keep us updated with your progress Luckydogg

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
So far I have only 2 tables playing on the cabinet to test everything and get all software working. But once things are more complete I plan to clean up the wiring some more. I'll probably just use colorful zip ties for everything that I have now, but once I add contractors to the machine, I will need to add some channeling to keep it clean looking.

Thanks for the kind words of inspiration. Software is my weak suit, so theirs still lots for me to learn.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Sorry for the long delay on this thread. I loaded about 75 tables into the machine and have been "testing" it out.

The project has stalled. I'm at the point where I need to pull the tv out and finish tidying up the wires. I will continue to post here once there is progress.

Currently enjoying the summer and resting between projects.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Back in September I got some legs from Flashinstinct (thank you) they look great. It took me some time to get around to installing them.

Something was wrong... Either their not the same as the original legs, or I screwed up. My machine looked like a moose. It was almost 4" to tall. I'm a not a tall guy and don't wanna use a stool like a kid.

After humming and hawing for a bit I decided the easiest fix for this problem was to flip the mounting plate 180deg and re drill the bolt holes. Who knows, maybe they were installed upside down. I was kinda guessing when I installed them, looking off pics from the net.

Another quick fix, I dropped the cabinet by 3 3/4" to match my mystic. It feels perfect now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg