• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

looking for new and/or unused glass for a superpin

BOO

Aug 9, 2013
Toronto, Canada
hey, guys. i'm looking for new and/or unused glass for my roadshow superpin. i'm located in downtown toronto but can drive a reasonable distance to pick it up. let me know if you have some and what you're asking for it or where it can be purchased at a fair price. thanks! -boo

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
The best price is typically from Pinball Life which is $30 for a sheet of widebody tempered glass but shipping would totally kill this.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2209

It's best to coordinate it with a trip to Expo or ask someone to bring a sheet or two back for you. You could also walk into your local glass shop and ask them how much for a single sheet versus say 5-10 sheets and maybe you can setup a group buy? I'm sure there are others who might need one to replace their existing scratched one?

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Locally in the TO area you will get quoted 60-80/sheet for pin glass ... Mike at CoftSB has a few sheets of reg glass at around $40 but no widebody glass. Very little glass makes it way back from pinball life as glass is very heavy and a b*tch to handle (I bring back lots of merch each year but won't bring back glass) Mike may have some in the spring (don't know what the cost will be but it will be more or so I have heard) or as Mike W suggested just bite the bullet and get a sheet done at a local glass shop or try to get a group buy and see if you can get a deal but a doubt it would be less than 55-60 net.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
We brought back some glass from EXPO... not on purpose mind you.
A buddy asked us to pick up an order from Terry and (surprise!) it included some glass :lol:
I was worried it would break the whole way home.

Anyway, it wouldn't be a huge deal for soemone to bring a sheet from Allentown. I'm sure you could get the guys from Marcos to bring a sheet or two to their booth if you pre-order.
Seems a bit of a hassle though.

Hold up!
I often order glass through work. I think I ordered a few sheets of widebody glass while doing my TZ resto a few years back. Probably got maybe 2-3 sheets.
I tucked them away in the warehouse (saving one for my IJ), but if I have another, you are welcome to it.

Ill PM you if I find any back there.

BOO

Aug 9, 2013
Toronto, Canada
thanks for the info., guys. drano, that would be soooooo great if you have an extra sheet. i'll wait to hear from you before contacting local shops. thanks, again!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Sorry man.
I found two sheets. One is good and being saved for my IJ.
The other sheet was the bad one I pulled from my TZ project ages ago. It was pretty scratched up, so I finally tossed it.