• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Just finished my DMD Clock

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora

Just finished assembling my RunDMD clock after procuring all the bits and pieces and thought I'd share. If anyone is interested getting their hands on one of these clocks and they don't feel like going through the trouble of doing it all themselves I'd be willing to make these, just drop me a PM.

D

Reactions: WARLOCK and kvoxx

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I can absolutely do this as long as you add $5-600 to the bill.

D
What was the total cost in $CAD if you don't mind me asking? Oh, and as a project how would you rate the difficulty on a scale of 1 to 10? 1 being could be completed while I slept and 10 being death.

Looks super cool.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
All said and done, it rings in between $450-and $600 right now mostly because of the exchange sucking. I had a hell of a time getting the LED panels to work with the controller because the documentation for everything was pretty much non-existent, but beyond that there isn't much to it. The hardest part is sourcing someone to lazer cut all the acrylic for the frame and then find all of the correct hex spacers and screws / nuts to assemble it all. I think it took me over a week to source all the bits and pieces, and once I had everthing took me a couple hours to build it up. You also need to be comfortable updating the SD card, which will take some computer know-how as it's not just drag and drop or cut and paste.

Where this isn't a kit you can buy off the shelf anywhere, I would rate this as a 7.5/10 as sourcing all of the *correct* bits proved to be a pain even for me... and then getting the SD card loaded up with the latest software.

D