• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

JJP Elton John

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
I hope it's not just a music pin but a game with a story, more like FF.

I think if it's just Elton songs it's going to have very limited appeal, especially at $12,000 USD and up.

Reactions: Ryan Dodd

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
Ya agree, I love the concept they developed with FF. Like two games in one….a music pin for the band lovers and an alien quest theme for the pin story lovers that like playing with the FF sound tracks in the back ground. Best of two worlds, and a fast flowing fun pin with good geometry. Add some humor and good video clips and amazing art and we have the receipt for a solid all around pin. Would like to see that recipe duplicated with the others to see the bar raised to the next level.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Well just received this email from Martin at P1 and it is indeed Elton John.

Hi All:

Please let me know if you are interested in being added to our EJ waiting list. Jersey Jack is planning to start production mid-November and we should know our allocation soon.

Cost is:

CE - $15,000.00 USD (US/CDN exchange TBD on receipt of games)
Platinum - $12,000.00 USD (US/CDN exchange TBD on receipt of games)

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Man, it's only going to be Mona Lisa's and Mad Hatters who will be able to afford the CE, or those living on Yellow Brick Road, that I unfortunately said goodbye too!

Reactions: dos.reboot

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
I don't think anyone has posted pricing on Pinside EJ Hype thread yet.
A number of Pinsiders were speculating on a possibly reduced price lol. That was likely never going to happen.
The pricing model is so out of whack; and particularly more challenging for buyers north of the boarder given the fx conversion.
Wonder if many of these Elton CEs or for that matter even Platinum/LEs, will sell well in Canada?

Last edited:

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
Wonder if many of these Elton CEs or for that matter even Platinum/LEs, will sell well in Canada?
I don't think they will sell well. That's a lot of loonies and toonies for a company that has a history of never finishing the code and problematic playfields and blaming the consumers for all their problems. Think a lot of people North and South of the border were left with a bad taste in their mouths with JJP and now coming out with Elton John is the icing on the cake. It's not a theme people are interested in. Glad to see JJP slowly going downhill after hitting that greed button during GnR. I think they raised the price of that machine twice during production and that encouraged other manufacturers to raise their prices too and we have companies now struggling to push pins out because a lot of people are priced out of the hobby.

Reactions: Corrie

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
I doubt this title will sell well either. The combination of JJP’s very high pricing points combined with not the most desireable theme may make this a tough sell. GnR values have certainly tanked south of the boarder.
I wonder if many Godfathers were sold locally either?

The market seems to be shifting & softening.
The true litmus test is going to be Elwin’s next release, rumored to be Jaws.
If true, it will be interesting to see how quickly the LEs will be spoken for at $13k USD or more.

Reactions: kool1

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Elton John is a cool theme. I dig his music. The old stuff, not the rehashed Dua Lipa mixes, although those are introducing his music to a new generation (sort of). The thing is, I dig his old music and I'm turning 50 this year. My kids don't give a shit about his stuff. Queen? Sure. Elton, ya they like it but they'd rather have a Juice WRLD pin before this. Is JJP marketing this to me? They missed the boat with me. This is more in line with my Dad and he just turned 70.

I dunno. I think this is going to be a tough sell. The age demographic is super narrow. The super fans will always buy, but I don't think there are as many super fans as JJP thinks there are. I always liked Billy Joel as much as Elton, and Billy wouldn't sell well either.

I do like the FF idea. A music pin, but with a aliens theme mash-up. That I could see helping sales quite a bit. It's kinda like what they did with Creech back in the 90's. I'd say it's more of a Drive-In 50's theme first. They could have put any old timey movie on it and I think it still would have worked well.

Last edited:
Reactions: kool1

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
SR is the king of flow so it should likely play fast; & turn out to be a fun pin overall, especially if you’re an Elton fan.
Lit piano looks cool but those ballerina & croc sculpts are so cheep & cheesy.
In the end, the pricing will be a pretty big obstacle regardless.

Reactions: Chambahz

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
That looks like a lot of long shots-reminds me a little bit of 24. I'm not a huge Elton John fan, but I'm looking forward to playing this at least. If anything, the news here is that this is a faster release cadence for JJP games than we've had before-I don't know if that's going to hurt them or not.

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
Ya agree, I love the concept they developed with FF. Like two games in one….a music pin for the band lovers and an alien quest theme for the pin story lovers that like playing with the FF sound tracks in the back ground. Best of two worlds, and a fast flowing fun pin with good geometry. Add some humor and good video clips and amazing art and we have the receipt for a solid all around pin. Would like to see that recipe duplicated with the others to see the bar raised to the next level.
Agreed. I don't think it's a coincidence that Metallica, Maiden, Rush, ACDC and Foo Fighters are the most beloved music pins. The ones that focus on the band and show geriatric concert footage are way less appealing.

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
I would be all in, but that price is bonkers.
Close to 20k out the door for the "lower tier" model. I don't know what JJP is thinking, they let the success of GnR get to their heads, but they don't understand that at 9.5k USD is the sweet spot for those JJP LEs and that's why they sold.