• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

It's official! My next game is...

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
It has begun.... Now don't let them multiply like rabbits. Two leads to three, three leads to ten.

Congrats, I'm lookin forward to the new thread

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Congrats and just in case you didn't know or need one Pinball Life sells the center ramp/upper playfield too for $59.95

pbl_03-8195.jpg

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3021

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
I always thought Jokerz was a cool looking pin and there doesn't seem to be a lot of them around. I've read some complaints about the sound which made me think that it might make a good retheme pin. The centre ramp that goes up and down looks cool. Drop target action to keep the purists entertained. The elevated mini pf at the top seems to yellow more than the ramps so picking up a repro one as Mike suggested would be a good way to go.

Anyway, sounds like a fun project.

Enjoy.

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Congrats Tim. I never played this one these but on first impression looks like a decent card themed game. Drops, ramps and an animated BG!

You know you've crossed the line right? One is a centrepiece, two - that's a collection. So, have you done the calculation yet? To determine how many games can fit in your space? :) Afterall, it typically comes down to space limitations. Pinball enthusiasts usually find some form of justification for spending cash on yet another pin.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
superjackpot said:
Congrats Tim. I never played this one these but on first impression looks like a decent card themed game. Drops, ramps and an animated BG!

You know you've crossed the line right? One is a centrepiece, two - that's a collection. So, have you done the calculation yet? To determine how many games can fit in your space? :) Afterall, it typically comes down to space limitations. Pinball enthusiasts usually find some form of justification for spending cash on yet another pin.

Congrats again Tim!

I concur with Barry here.

#3 is arriving in less than a week for me and I've already been jonesing for #4!
My wife is freaking out because I'm taking over the basement family room with pins. I'm trying to justify the need for a couch AND a love seat!

PFFT!

Who needs both?
I can fit easily 3 more in there without the couch...

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Interesting game, bit of a throw back to an EM machine with "Double your score" on ball 3.

It's a neat feature and very rewarding to achieve, also like that it's double YOUR score and not something completely stupid like score stealing.

Lock stealing for multiple players is a little annoying.

But still a fun game overall, good choice.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
I didn't have mine for very long, and I finished shopping it at 2 am the morning before it left. Wasn't liking it too much, but after I swapped out the rubbers it played worlds better. If it had better music I think I would have kept it - and if the Flintstones hadn't turned up unexpectedly and I needed the money ASAP. (real reason it's gone).

I do however still have the scar from soldering my wrist. (not recommended)

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
So, make your bets now as to when Tim starts moving furniture out of his place to fit in more pins.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
This hobby is a very slippery slope! So what other games are on your wish list maybe I can help you find some :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

tim.sanderson

mwong168 said:
This hobby is a very slippery slope! So what other games are on your wish list maybe I can help you find some :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Yes, it is quite slippery indeed! Until I get things moved around, I'm only keeping one game at home. My buddy Mike is going to be lucky enough to keep my R911 at his place. Once I move some stuff around (& maybe lose the odd piece of furniture) I figure I can fit 3, maybe 4 comfortably.

As for my wishlist, I have absolutely nothing in particular I look for. I'm basically after what I can afford, and what I feel is within my skill level. For now, I like keeping the machines sub $1000, with late SS and early DMD being in my cross-hairs. There's pretty much no game or manufacturer I would pass on!

Once I have a few games under my belt, I might get into 'trade + $$$' deals to get higher up into the B-listers. I've said it before, but where I am in my stage of collecting, I'd rather have five $1000 games, than one $5000 game. I'm sure that'll change in the (near?) future.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
tim.sanderson said:
....I'm only keeping one game at home... Once I move some stuff around.... I figure I can fit 3, maybe 4 comfortably....There's pretty much no game or manufacturer I would pass on... I'd rather have five $1000 games, than one $5000 game...

That's what I read from your post. Sounds like your fully hooked already and I think that keeping games at friends places or at work, is actually a coping mechanism. It's like hiding your weed at a buddy's place so your mom won't find it.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
tim.sanderson said:
Once I have a few games under my belt, I might get into 'trade + $$$' deals to get higher up into the B-listers. I've said it before, but where I am in my stage of collecting, I'd rather have five $1000 games, than one $5000 game. I'm sure that'll change in the (near?) future.

I am also glad you are able to limit yourself but my advice is to be careful with these $1000 games (such as Torpedo Alley) because they do tend to be less desirable (unless you are Williams Fan :lol:) so having 5 of them might end up resulting in you being stuck with them till for a bit, outright sell taking a loss or having to add more cash on top of a trade then you anticipated resulting in a loss.

The other route to go which you are already going is to get a project game for below market value and fix it up yourself. I applaud you for making your first game a container one as most people who are new to the hobby approaching me for help I usually advise them to buy a working game first. Even if it costs them a little more there is no worse feeling them spending a lot of money on a huge paperweight, not knowing how to fix it yourself and have to hire someone within the first week of owning it. In your case with a container game you may or may not make money when it comes time to sell but the learning lessons from it are invaluable and will help you in the long run for your future games.

I see you are also part of TOPL and go to pinball events so you are getting more and more exposure so that should also help you get a better idea of what type or game you like. You can then get an idea of how much that game goes for and if it is within your reach save up for it and buy it. I remember when I first got into this hobby a few years ago I use to think some of these collectors with large collections are nuts for spending $3000 for TOM or $4000 for MB and I will just stick to my $1200-1300 JD and DM :) Also why do you need more then one pinball in your collection anyways? Yeah right... now I am busting at the seams with 10 pins (been through 29 pins in total) and my most expensive pin I have $6500 into it which is Tron.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
tim.sanderson said:
I might get into 'trade + $$$' deals to get higher up into the B-listers. I've said it before, but where I am in my stage of collecting, I'd rather have five $1000 games, than one $5000 game. I'm sure that'll change in the (near?) future.

I've really enjoyed trading games. I've only traded a mame arcade that I built for a Gottlieb Spring Break pin, then I traded that spring break and an old Gottlieb wood rail for my newest; a Bally Dungeons & Dragons. I currently really like all three of my games and plan to keep them for a while, but trading games is the way to go IMHO

In both of my trades, no money was exchanged just game for game(s), and both times, we were both happy with the trades. I wouldn't be to worried about getting stuck with a game you dont like, because there's lots of people eager to change up there collection.