• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

It's my "Piniversary"!

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Exactly 1 year ago I started down this pinball road.

I had played a lot when younger, but 20 years passed. I completely missed the 90s golden era, never even played TAF until this year. But I always had fond memories of Taxi and always dreamed of owning one. Then on my ipad I picked up Pinball Arcade. next thing I knew I signed up to Pinside and started hanging out there. At the same time, the Church of the Silverball had an open night so my wife and I went down there for a "date night". My wife was telling me that we're buying a pin at the end of our visit, so it was all over then. 2 days later I had Tron coming my way from the states (it was sold out in Canada at the time and they had not done additional runs then).

Adriano was the first person I made contact with. I saw him on Pinside, and if I recall I contacted him as a fellow Tron owner, and was asking about the fiber-optic ramp mod. Who would have known a year later that mod would still not be released!

A month later I had a TOM, then a Hulk, then TSPP then ACDC. I built an arcade in my basement, and only stopped buying because of lack of space. I am now on a house hunt and the arcade is a big part of what we are looking for. Even though I grew up playing 80s pinball, my tastes now are definitely the latest ones. I really enjoy the light shows, sounds, modes and rules.

I signed up here when Brock first put it up, and have become friends with many of you. That has been the best and most unexpected part of this whole hobby, meeting tons of new people.

To that end, joining ToPL really heated things up. I think I've only missed 1 night since I started.

I don't think I've ever had a real "hobby" before. My various businesses have always been my life, "fun" for me was creating flow-charts of marketing systems. It's nice to have something completely separate now.

Anyhow, it's been a great time! Thanks to everyone that has been a part of it and to everyone else I look forward to meeting you.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Chris,
Congrats. I am glad you and your wife enjoy the hobby so much.
Great people, good times. A nice break from business like you said.
Cheers. Happy Piniversary!
Scott

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Congrats frolic and hope your next house will have much more pin friendly stairs then your current one :lol:

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Mike is referring to this nightmare. Jooky was over this week, he was dumbfounded how I got any of the pins into the basement.

My hope with the new place is for a separate basement entrance with walk-out. Plus that will allow me more freedom with visitors when they don't have to walk through my house. Back to my original topic, funny how in a year this is a priority for me now :).

Attachments

• stairs.jpg
    stairs.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 172

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
brewmanager said:
Heh...you should have nothing to say when it comes to stairs. :)

My stairs are pretty bad but atleast I have a choice to keep the heads on when moving down where as frolics they have to come off regardless. I've moved a pin up with the head on a few times and trust me with thehead off and even pulling the playfield makes this much easier.

Frolic do you pull your playfields out too when moving pins up or down?