• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Is PinRev now an auction site?

RJW

Nov 16, 2012
Woolwich, ON
Ahhhh I500, the one game I regret getting rid of. Little to no chance of finding one that nice again and it's a good player too imo. Loved the innovative shaker motor on that game.

Do you still live there? Ya, that's the worst place I've ever encountered as far as moving a pin. Close 2nd to a Split Second that had to go up a spiral staircase standing on its end.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Ahhhh I500, the one game I regret getting rid of. Little to no chance of finding one that nice again and it's a good player too imo. Loved the innovative shaker motor on that game.

Do you still live there? Ya, that's the worst place I've ever encountered as far as moving a pin. Close 2nd to a Split Second that had to go up a spiral staircase standing on its end.

I just recently sold off Judge Dredd, Shadow, Johnny Mnemonic and Indy 500 unfortunately but they have been replaced with Deadpool Premium, Jurassic Park Premium (NIB) and Godzilla Premium (NIB). Your old Indy 500 was nice one and that's why I hung onto it for as long as I did but it now resides at Bluffs to be enjoyed in competition weekly. I know Scott aka Warlock will enjoy it and it won't get flipped or if he does need to sell I get first cracks at buying it back.

I moved out of my old house back in Nov 2016 and bought a place not far with slightly more friendly stairs but the heads still need to come off. I will say these newer Sterns are so easy to remove the heads as there is only 10 connectors, all unique and no labeling required. It takes me longer to bolt the head hinges back on then it does to reconnect everything.

Reactions: WARLOCK

BOO

Aug 9, 2013
Toronto, Canada
That classified rules were something I think Brock came up with when he first launched PBREV. There are ways to work around these rules like changing your for sale ad to for trade and now you will not need to list an asking price. Again don't know what to say or do about that except just shake my head and thankfully the last 4 WPCs I sold in the past month didn't have to go through the classifieds here, kijiji or FB market place. I find in general people who do not list an asking price and accept offers via PM are not motivated to actually sell their pin and just fishing for top dollar (aka "sucker").

Again not trying to offend but I find these days there are a lot of these types of collectors if you can even call them that in the community compared to 10 years ago when deals with generally paid forward and people helping each other out to get deals. I think I've assisted in over 500 pins exchanging hands during my time hence my nickname being the enabler. My favorite assist was helping my friend McMean secure this LOTR LE that he had been looking for 2-3 years. This pin was listed on kijiji for slightly below market value and McMean figured pin is probably long gone and went to bed since it was 1130pm when ad came up. Despite that I emailed the seller who recognized my name and replied to me saying he is overwhelmed with responses with lowball offers and asked how serious I was. He said he would rather deal with someone familiar with a good rep then for this to go to someone who is going to just flip it for more. I said very serious and could probably pick up tomorrow or the weekend which was only a day away. So we agreed on his full asking price and next morning I sent McMean a message on whatsapp saying: "Good morning, I just spent $4700 of your money last night while you were sleeping and bought a LOTR LE :)" He was so happy and that weekend my friend Brewmanager helped him pick up and grabbed his Tron too.

8367794184_82a320faa6_o.jpg
Thanks for the explain, Mike. :)

jbenaiah

Feb 8, 2013
Toronto
That classified rules were something I think Brock came up with when he first launched PBREV. There are ways to work around these rules like changing your for sale ad to for trade and now you will not need to list an asking price. Again don't know what to say or do about that except just shake my head and thankfully the last 4 WPCs I sold in the past month didn't have to go through the classifieds here, kijiji or FB market place. I find in general people who do not list an asking price and accept offers via PM are not motivated to actually sell their pin and just fishing for top dollar (aka "sucker").

Again not trying to offend but I find these days there are a lot of these types of collectors if you can even call them that in the community compared to 10 years ago when deals with generally paid forward and people helping each other out to get deals. I think I've assisted in over 500 pins exchanging hands during my time hence my nickname being the enabler. My favorite assist was helping my friend McMean secure this LOTR LE that he had been looking for 2-3 years. This pin was listed on kijiji for slightly below market value and McMean figured pin is probably long gone and went to bed since it was 1130pm when ad came up. Despite that I emailed the seller who recognized my name and replied to me saying he is overwhelmed with responses with lowball offers and asked how serious I was. He said he would rather deal with someone familiar with a good rep then for this to go to someone who is going to just flip it for more. I said very serious and could probably pick up tomorrow or the weekend which was only a day away. So we agreed on his full asking price and next morning I sent McMean a message on whatsapp saying: "Good morning, I just spent $4700 of your money last night while you were sleeping and bought a LOTR LE :)" He was so happy and that weekend my friend Brewmanager helped him pick up and grabbed his Tron too.

Hey Mike - any chance you can enable me a LOTR or NGG?

Reactions: McMean

McMean

Nov 14, 2012
Peterborough
Hey Mike - any chance you can enable me a LOTR or NGG

Ahhhh Mike The Enabler. This post really really made me smile.

I'm the guy humping the LOTR. ;)

Quatermass

May 2, 2018
Toronto
I agree with your points and never understood why I had to do some much moderation to clean up your for sale ads before. The way I see it if a game is priced right it will sell and if not it will sit stale for days/weeks/months. I try my best to lock threads once a game has been sold and hope the seller doesn't remove details like what they sold or at the very least leave their original asking point so there is some form of reference.

Even if price policing is frowned upon it’s never cool to be verbally abusive and bully other members. Public shaming sometimes has its place. It can be more about trying to protect your community rather than simply encouraging commerce.