• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Introduce Yourself!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Not sure I'd agree with the "only one thing to soot for part", but I think anyone would greatly enjoy a WH2O and I would've been thrilled to have that as my first pin. The middle shot does dominate the game, but you will need to learn to make all the shots to advance to Wet Willies and to eventually get to the wizard mode. Good luck in your search and welcome!

Reactions: WARLOCK

puck

Jan 9, 2016
Edmonton
Not sure I'd agree with the "only one thing to soot for part", but I think anyone would greatly enjoy a WH2O and I would've been thrilled to have that as my first pin. The middle shot does dominate the game, but you will need to learn to make all the shots to advance to Wet Willies and to eventually get to the wizard mode. Good luck in your search and welcome!

36 on 5x is 180mill so I suppose if you grind it out to Vacation and shoot for 200mil you have two things to shoot for. While you are correct on my overstatement of "one thing to shoot for" there are far better pins for the $ IMO. It harkens back to what did you grow up playing and what theme do you want to have.

Here is a question for the audience.

If you could go back in time and get your first pin over. What would you get and why. Also, if you could do it again would you get a machine in mint condition or if you got a mint machine would you go back and get a fixeruper?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
36 on 5x is 180mill so I suppose if you grind it out to Vacation and shoot for 200mil you have two things to shoot for. While you are correct on my overstatement of "one thing to shoot for" there are far better pins for the $ IMO. It harkens back to what did you grow up playing and what theme do you want to have.

Here is a question for the audience.

If you could go back in time and get your first pin over. What would you get and why. Also, if you could do it again would you get a machine in mint condition or if you got a mint machine would you go back and get a fixeruper?

Ahhhh. I see the issue.
I enjoy playing games to achieve the objective and not score.
If you're playing competitively then yes, the WH2O main objective is to hit the triple jackpot during 5x playfield.
I suspect a lot of games have one shot or objective that's worth more than the others.

My first pin was/is an Addams Family.
wouldn't change it... still have it, but I've fallen in love with many different types of games since.

theyangman

Feb 18, 2016
London, On
Hi guys,

Newbie here, found this place via CGCC. I don't have any pins yet, but am actively seeking my first. I have about 12 arcade machines in my basement and I need a few pinball machines to really finish the room off. Hope to learn a bunch from you guys and score some deals!

See you on the forums!

Rockin

Jan 19, 2016
Caledon ON
Hi Guys,
Total newbie here. Hoping to be in a position to be shopping for my first pin in a couple of months. Learned playing late 70's machines. Thinking of a working players machine in the 1000 to 1500 range. any suggestions on what to watch for?

Timmer

Mar 12, 2016
Keswick, On
Hi all,
I walked in to an arcade with a friend at Sheppard Ave and Victoria Park Ave in 1980 when I was 12 or 13 years old. I had never been in an arcade and had never played a pinball machine before. Black Knight, Big Game, Abra Cadabra and Xenon are the machines I remember best. I was addicted and spent all my money there until it closed. Did I say I was addicted......There was always a machine somewhere close by I would play, like Hot Doggin' at the billiards near school or Playboy at the video store (amongst many others). Damn I love pinball!
You'll see me coasting through the forums occasionally, and I am looking to buy another pinball so I will be keeping an eye open for that.

Reactions: WARLOCK and kvoxx

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
Hi all,
I walked in to an arcade with a friend at Sheppard Ave and Victoria Park Ave in 1980 when I was 12 or 13 years old. I had never been in an arcade and had never played a pinball machine before. Black Knight, Big Game, Abra Cadabra and Xenon are the machines I remember best. I was addicted and spent all my money there until it closed. Did I say I was addicted......There was always a machine somewhere close by I would play, like Hot Doggin' at the billiards near school or Playboy at the video store (amongst many others). Damn I love pinball!
You'll see me coasting through the forums occasionally, and I am looking to buy another pinball so I will be keeping an eye open for that.

Hello Timmer,
Welcome to the forum

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hey Timmer; welcome!
Post a new thread and let us know what you're hunting. You might be surprised how soon you find a game.

Perry L

Mar 17, 2016
In the hills Mono
Hi y'all, I too am a pinball addict, I spend most Friday nights playing pinball and drinking beer in my cave till 1, 2 sometimes 3am. I sold both my muscle cars and bought pinball games with money. I admit I have the problem but I am no quitter so I'm always looking for another great game and am not seeking any professional help. O ya my wife says one more game and she's redoing the kitchen . Anyone know a good kitchen Reno guy!

tombiosis

Apr 21, 2016
ottawa
Hi...another noob joining,,,been trying to buy my first pin...learning a lot on these forums!
Going to make a WTB thread...I used to be addicted to eight ball deluxe so I am hoping to find a good example.
Cheers!