• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

I guess Stern LEs aren’t limited anymore

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Funny. It’s a polarizing subject. While I find the quotes used in the movie code memorable/cool/funny in the movie, I tend to find it breaks the immersive nature of the game. Hearing actors/characters say things that have nothing to do with what’s going on in the game annoys me. for me, just because it’s funny in the movie doesn’t make it relevant in the pinball “adventure”.

When I want watch JP I just pop in the Bluray. When I play pinball I want to lose myself in the game/adventure. Movie quotes are irrelevant to me.

Reactions: dos.reboot

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
Funny. It’s a polarizing subject. While I find the quotes used in the movie code memorable/cool/funny in the movie, I tend to find it breaks the immersive nature of the game. Hearing actors/characters say things that have nothing to do with what’s going on in the game annoys me. for me, just because it’s funny in the movie doesn’t make it relevant in the pinball “adventure”.

When I want watch JP I just pop in the Bluray. When I play pinball I want to lose myself in the game/adventure. Movie quotes are irrelevant to me.
I'll probably dig up the original SD card and check it out. There have been a lot of minor features added since they stopped mods like that on all the games

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
Apparently Metallica and Ghostbusters are coming back soon too. At least they are bringing back the some of the best games for those that want to pick them up brand new. Just hoping they are spike Ii upgraded.
I really don't know how to feel about this. I splurged for a Metallica premium and hearing that it might come out on spike II and be compatible with IC annoys me a bit... makes my version feel less valuable. Then again in 15 years when the boards are impossible to get for spike II games maybe the older ones will maintain value better...

Reactions: Fifty

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
I really don't know how to feel about this. I splurged for a Metallica premium and hearing that it might come out on spike II and be compatible with IC annoys me a bit... makes my version feel less valuable. Then again in 15 years when the boards are impossible to get for spike II games maybe the older ones will maintain value better...
If they release older games, odds are they're not going to update them with new hardware. It'll be the same hardware as it was back then.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Anyone else having an issue with their Premium and the raptor gate moving up and down constantly on the new code? From skimming the pinside thread, it sounds like a known issue with newer builds? Anyway, might want to hold off on updating for a day or two if you haven't already.

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
Anyone else having an issue with their Premium and the raptor gate moving up and down constantly on the new code? From skimming the pinside thread, it sounds like a known issue with newer builds? Anyway, might want to hold off on updating for a day or two if you haven't already.
Might want to try a better SD card. I didn't think it would matter but someone on the pinside IMDN board was complaining of a few issues with their new machine, one being a mech that would not go up and down properly and installing the code on a new SD card fixed it. Apaprently the ones Stern uses from the factory are about as cheap as they come.

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
I installed it on my original card last night, no issues.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Looks like the raptor gate thing was a SW issue. 1.11 is out and fixed it.

The co-op is definitely interesting. It basically gives you a 12 ball game for progress, but each player also has access to their own multiballs (so everyone can play t-rex MB, everyone has their own chaos letters etc). Might make it much easier to see things like Visitors Center or Escape Nublar. It's a separate high score, so not really "ruining" the existing list.

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
Looks like the raptor gate thing was a SW issue. 1.11 is out and fixed it.

The co-op is definitely interesting. It basically gives you a 12 ball game for progress, but each player also has access to their own multiballs (so everyone can play t-rex MB, everyone has their own chaos letters etc). Might make it much easier to see things like Visitors Center or Escape Nublar. It's a separate high score, so not really "ruining" the existing list.
It's interesting to play with my wife. She also likes the 2vs1 and 3vs1 to gang up on me. LOL

Pinpickle

Oct 5, 2021
Oakville
Metallica, Ghostbusters...

There is only one thing that is certain. Any mention of any game at all (Stranger Things Vault, Jaws, Back to the Future, Harry Potter) are nothing but rumours. I would let the mention of any games being remade let you down.

Things are getting back to normal. Flippers are no longer making a profit, you can't buy an LE, Premium, Pro and expect to get more than what you paid for it. It's a buyers market just like pre-pandemic. Take it out of the box, and you're losing money. That's okay though, we shouldn't be in it for investment purposes.

JJP - TS4 & Godfather are absolute dud's. They are not selling and they are overstocked everywhere. There are dealers in the US that are cutting their prices just to move machines. This is agains the JJP contract but they are willing to do this regardless of the repercussions.

Stern - Bond and Venom are also duds. I would imagine the next cornerstone to be a bit of a banger but vaulting games and creating special editions might be the way of the future.

One things for certain... it's a buyers market.

Reactions: Bytor777

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
You can't buy an LE, Premium, Pro and expect to get more than what you paid for it. It's a buyers market just like pre-pandemic. Take it out of the box, and you're losing money.

….

One things for certain... it's a buyers market.

While I agree with your assessment, one quick look into the classifieds and it’s obvious to see most sellers are still stuck in the wishful thinking that the pandemic “blip” is still going on.

Reactions: king_pin

Pinpickle

Oct 5, 2021
Oakville
While I agree with your assessment, one quick look into the classifieds and it’s obvious to see most sellers are still stuck in the wishful thinking that the pandemic “blip” is still going on.
Absolutely! Those pins are not selling. Also, there have been many classified adds where they were hoping to get what they paid for it and have decided to "keep it"

FOMO is turning into FOLO, Fear of Loosing Out (on money)

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I think you are mistaking a collapsing economy with the pinball market.
NOTHING is selling in any industry I know of at this time.

So, all things considered, I don't think any of the games you mention are duds.
They are certainly great games imo, (although I have not played Venom yet).

Bytor777

Feb 23, 2019
toronto
A collapsing economy orchestrated by our incompetent government. It's not just pinball; people are having trouble paying their mortgage. Soon the housing bubble will burst and pinball will just be an afterthought. Look out below everyone!

Pinpickle

Oct 5, 2021
Oakville
A collapsing economy orchestrated by our incompetent government. It's not just pinball; people are having trouble paying their mortgage. Soon the housing bubble will burst and pinball will just be an afterthought. Look out below everyone!
Incompetent Government is a compliment to how terrible this country is run. Interest rates going up in September again means more people will be extending their amortization to 70 year terms. That's insanity.

Reactions: ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Incompetent Government is a compliment to how terrible this country is run. Interest rates going up in September again means more people will be extending their amortization to 70 year terms. That's insanity.
Not defending our government by any means, but economic issues are a worldwide thing, not just Canadian:

- Canada inflation rate is 3.3% up from 2.8% last month
- UK inflation rate is 6.8% down from 7.9% last month
- Germany inflation rate is 6.2%, down from 6.4% last month
- Japan inflation rate steady at 3.3%
- US inflation rate is 3.2% up from 3.0% last month

Reactions: Steve Lennox

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
Ya the liberals need to keep letting millions of people into Canada to get votes from those that they let in and give social supports to. Wonder why we have a housing crisis yet no talk of stopping the immigration. If Trudeau wife can’t stand him how can any one else. Canada is heading for a severe disaster and housing bubble….get ready