• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

hey last container buyers...

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Yep, the 2 axials are the ones I'm referring to. If those are dried out, you'll get the rolling / wavy display. Definitely change any charred parts in the HV section, and for the cost of $5 you just do the whole damn thing while you're in there! :)

D

PhilGreg

Nov 28, 2012
Got a TFTC in a rougher shape than I was expecting... once I fix all that stuff I think my machine will be worth what other machines in that condition are, not counting my time (meaning any money I put into repairing it doesn't go to waste, but doesn't make me money either).

Basically you have to remember that these were machines that spent their life in an arcade and haven't been in a home before they got to you... most machines we buy locally have been in some pinball fanatic's hands before they got to us, so these can be off-putting at first.

Long story short, I'm ordering again from Gerry. Fair prices for what you get, but do expect to get your hands dirty... if you're like me that's half the fun of pinball so it's all good!

Phil

Gerry

Nov 14, 2012
St-Georges de Beauce, Québec
Dernièrement, j'ai recu des réclamations de quelques acheteurs. Il faut se mettre dans la tête que ces machines sont des machines qui sortent d'une route d'opérateur ou quelques fois d'un collectionneur. Ce ne sont pas des collector quality, ce sont des machines acheter par photos et qui vont se faire brasser sur 8000 km, sur un bateau, camion et sur nos belles routes. Certain titres on été descendu ici au cost et aujourd'hui j'ai des réclamations. Ces machines nous donnent la chances d'avoir des titres parfois difficiles à trouver par ici et si ca continue de même, on va perdre ce fillon.

Si vous n'êtes pas d'accord avec tout ça, svp, n'acheter pas de machines pour m'éviter de futurs problèmes. Déjà que faire descendre ces machines est très complexe, je n'ai pas besoin de ça en plus.

On est très chaceux de pouvoir acheter de lui, d'habitude, il vend seulement à des hommes d'affaires qui achetent en lot, si on continue a se plaindre, oubliez ça, les livres vont fermer.Croyez moi, il a pas besoin de nous pour vendre ses machines. Je me répète, si vous n'êtes pas d'accord avec tout ça, n'acheter pas de machines.

Voici le dernier message recu du fournisseur.

unfortunately another complaint. I'm sorry, but you must understand that we do not we review the game, and we do not sell pinball collectors, in terms of collectors, we sell the game as they are, just as we buy them, in mixed conditions, someone perfect, someone other problems aesthetic, someone with the repairs made, and with some hidden defects that we can not and do not want to see.
if we wanted to take a 30% increase in private or sell pinball on ebay, one by one, but we do not want this, we want to sell to wholesalers who can resolve situations like this. gerard believe me, we sent 23 containers in 2012 and I have received complaints from you and only in part, for the damage done in the transport of containers by james. for the rest of all my other customers, wholesalers, Americans and Australians, do not complain about anything, because accept both nice surprises (pinball perfect) and unpleasant surprises (which resolve themselves) . for this reason we prefer sale to the wholesalers , hope that you understand me .
I now understand that among your colleagues / friends / customers there may be someone say a little more precise and meticulous than others but you have to be to solve the problem. unfortunately is the downside of the brokerage that you are doing.
I want to be clear with you Gerard, the game looks good that you bought for this container at the start because I will not accept complaints (unless missing cards as the striker or there are damages in transport)
some pinball can be repaired and the wires soldered directly on the board but this does not matter to us, for us it is necessary that the lights and pinball games.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Gerry, I don't think this thread is meant to complain about your services, or the guy overseas, it's merely to let anyone go into this with their eyes wide open and know what to expect.

I appreciate threads like these, I know that these games are beyond my skill, so I will stick with local games, even if there are deals to be had here. So I think you are doing terrific.

the Rider

Dec 18, 2012
frolic said:
Gerry, I don't think this thread is meant to complain about your services, or the guy overseas, it's merely to let anyone go into this with their eyes wide open and know what to expect.

I appreciate threads like these, I know that these games are beyond my skill, so I will stick with local games, even if there are deals to be had here. So I think you are doing terrific.

Exactly I am not complaining, I'm just telling other guys what to expect. When I got in for the dec container, I questionned before buying to know what I was getting into. Now I am just passing the info along for other potential buyers. I'm glad of my purchase overall. Expect the unexpected as usual is the motto in this one. Thanks Gerry for arrenging those deal for us.

PhilGreg

Nov 28, 2012
Same here!
As I said, I'm buying again from Gerry... He has been very helpful, and if buyers know what to expect I think he'll have less hassle from people who aren't comfortable doing minor repairs.

Overall I'm a satisfied customer.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
The only thing ANYONE should expect when buying a container game is to expect the worst. Seriously. That way you will at the very least get what you expected, or on the upside be pleasantly surprised. Either way nobody should be disappointed with anything they buy from a container, that's the risk you take when buying from a container. Period.

Gerard, you in no way should complain to the guys in Italy about anything unless it was damaged in shipping or it was blatantly misrepresented. (missing PCB's or other MAJOR assemblies that were present in pics before purchase) Otherwise it's buyer beware, and that's not for everyone. (but it's fine for me!)

D

Aerostarz

Nov 19, 2012
Whitby
www.flickr.com
Menace said:
The only thing ANYONE should expect when buying a container game is to expect the worst. Seriously. That way you will at the very least get what you expected, or on the upside be pleasantly surprised. Either way nobody should be disappointed with anything they buy from a container, that's the risk you take when buying from a container. Period.

Gerard, you in no way should complain to the guys in Italy about anything unless it was damaged in shipping or it was blatantly misrepresented. (missing PCB's or other MAJOR assemblies that were present in pics before purchase) Otherwise it's buyer beware, and that's not for everyone. (but it's fine for me!)

D
+1
Doug said it best.
I expected to have to do some repairs and i am enjoying the knowledge i am gaining from doing so.
Gerrard, thanks for bringing the games to us, and our feedback is to point out the risks that some new people in the hobby should be aware of and sharing our efforts to resolve them.

Menace also chimed in regarding my capacitors on my DMD board which was good feedback and helpfull.
Sean

Paul

Feb 21, 2013
NewBrunswick
Gerry said:
Luckydogg420 said:
This is amazing. Project pins at a discount... Sign me up. I had no idea this was going on. I can't wait to see the list for the next batch. Just might find a diamond in the rough.

check your pm...[/quote

do you already have the list for the next container ?