• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Head board bolts?

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I haven't managed to find exactly the same thing anywhere else, but I just went to home depot, got something else with the same thread size, and then a big ass washer to cover the hole. Not ideal, but enough to give it the extra insurance in case the latch fails.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I don't bother with head bolts on modern machines, the clip at the back seems sufficient.

One thing about Stern cabinets, their head lock system is much better.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
You can use leg bolts on wpc games with a washer, but having the correct wing bolts is always nice. As Brock stated, these can be found @ PBL and probably SB.

D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
REVOLUTION said:
I like the wing bolts for added piece of mind... i used to agree with Adam before I shook a game a while back and the head started to tip over. :shock:

Never happened to me once in all my years of playing and I have a feeling I move the machine allot more then you do Brock :p

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I like the wing-bolt too.
I bought a bunch from ActionPinball a while back but they no longer have stock. I usually just put one in for added peace of mind. Dented rails and broken glass would suck. I'm pretty sure PBL isn't carrying them nor is Marcos... which is another reason I've hoarded all of my remaining ones and only use 1 per game :?

As several people have said, any 3/8"-16 bolt (2-1/2" long) with a big washer will do the trick in a pinch.

PS.
original WMS part # is 20-9718

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I put them in just for the extra insurance-yeah the latch is probably enough, but it'd suck to find out that you were wrong and have the backbox come crashing down and break something. A couple extra minutes for setup/folding isn't that big a deal.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Unless your lineup changes on a weekly basis. Not mentioning any names....*cough*Brock*cough*
;)

For me I have low ceilings so sometimes I have to move games around to be able to lift the PF all the way up and sometimes I have to fold heads down to move the machines around, having to take a wing bolt out each time would be a PITA.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Chris Bardon said:
Funny how they managed to come up with that latch, but never figure out how to make a transformer with a removable power cord.

The one that always gets me is how nobody ever came up with a better method of wiring pop-bumper lights.
I haven't taken a close look at my Sterns, but any pop -bumper rebuild becomes a stupidly difficult job due to those flat leads having to stapled and soldered in just the right way.

level42

Nov 15, 2012
Kitchener, ON
ultra64.ca
DRANO said:
Chris Bardon said:
Funny how they managed to come up with that latch, but never figure out how to make a transformer with a removable power cord.

The one that always gets me is how nobody ever came up with a better method of wiring pop-bumper lights.
I haven't taken a close look at my Sterns, but any pop -bumper rebuild becomes a stupidly difficult job due to those flat leads having to stapled and soldered in just the right way.

I bought these instead: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=299