• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Godzilla

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
Those premium prices are not far from what Batman 66 and Elvira premium machines were. I REALLY wanted an LE of Godzilla, but didn't get one in time. I guess premium it is. :(

dr.nybble

Nov 28, 2014
Ottawa
Got an LE in my cart from the Stern store -- no shipping to Canada!

Probably for the best. These prices are getting nuts.

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
I'm not a big fan of Stern, but the layout and mechs on this game is very refreshing to see. The prem is the way to go and I would love to play this on location because Stern priced me out of any future machines.

Reactions: kool1

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
I've bought a number of pins there. Great experience for me.
Ok, a friend of mine, actually a few, told me they are greedy and keep coming up with excuses to charge you more from the original quote when you purchase the machine, to when you take delivery. Seems pretty sketchy. Anyone else experience that?

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Ok, a friend of mine, actually a few, told me they are greedy and keep coming up with excuses to charge you more from the original quote when you purchase the machine, to when you take delivery. Seems pretty sketchy. Anyone else experience that?
Never. Keep in mind that Stern and JJP have previously done unannounced raising of prices which the distributor has no choice but to do the same, regardless of the quote given. Elvira and GnR come to mind.

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
Yeah, you might want to give some concrete examples? That’s never happened to me. The moment you give them a deposit, you get an invoice.
Unless your friends were expecting free delivery, or maybe (more likely) were quoted for a game at current exchange rates, then f/x changed by the time the game arrived? I prefer to pay in USD, personally.

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
Yeah, you might want to give some concrete examples? That’s never happened to me. The moment you give them a deposit, you get an invoice.
Unless your friends were expecting free delivery, or maybe (more likely) were quoted for a game at current exchange rates, then f/x changed by the time the game arrived? I prefer to pay in USD, personally.
Just spoke to my buddy who ordered a GnR in October an now it's finally coming in. Invoice said 9500 usd when he paid deposit. Now invoice just give CDN total which coverts back to 10500 USD at current exchange rate. When he confronted P1, P1 said that's the current exchange rate (which it's not, they are charging at 1.34 and current rate is 1.26). So he said, fine I'll pay the 9500 in USD, and then they changed their tone and said well we charged an extra $1000 because covid and freight charges now. They also added another $100 on top of the original shipping quote becuase (JJP machines are heavier)...they knew he was buying a JJP when he ordered it. Too sketchy for me.

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
Just spoke to my buddy who ordered a GnR in October an now it's finally coming in. Invoice said 9500 usd when he paid deposit. Now invoice just give CDN total which coverts back to 10500 USD at current exchange rate. When he confronted P1, P1 said that's the current exchange rate (which it's not, they are charging at 1.34 and current rate is 1.26). So he said, fine I'll pay the 9500 in USD, and then they changed their tone and said well we charged an extra $1000 because covid and freight charges now. They also added another $100 on top of the original shipping quote becuase (JJP machines are heavier)...they knew he was buying a JJP when he ordered it. Too sketchy for me.
Yeah, I know that they charge an extra $100 to deliver GnR because they send a 3rd delivery guy. The games are so heavy that 2 guys isn’t enough. Personally, I get around that by making the trek to pickup from their warehouse. I also know that because of Covid, they just aren’t getting as many machines as they used to. They come in a couple/few at a time. So that means that the cost of the truck that brings them from JJP/Stern gets divided by fewer buyers. So that could also be what’s affecting the variance.
The $9500 vs $10500 sounds more like the old price vs the new price. You’d have to look at the new invoice to see what’s being charged to really understand the charges?

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
Yeah, I know that they charge an extra $100 to deliver GnR because they send a 3rd delivery guy. The games are so heavy that 2 guys isn’t enough. Personally, I get around that by making the trek to pickup from their warehouse. I also know that because of Covid, they just aren’t getting as many machines as they used to. They come in a couple/few at a time. So that means that the cost of the truck that brings them from JJP/Stern gets divided by fewer buyers. So that could also be what’s affecting the variance.
The $9500 vs $10500 sounds more like the old price vs the new price. You’d have to look at the new invoice to see what’s being charged to really understand the charges?

Even if their costs change... if they agree to a price, that's it. Raising a price after an agreement has been reached is shady as hell.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Didn't JJP increase the price of GNR by $1000 after a certain date bought? Isn't the point of paying a deposit lock you in for the agreed upon price at the time?

Reactions: Hammerhead