• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

[FOUND]: WTB - F-14 Tomcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Hi all,

Ok, so originally I was going to wait until May, but one that intrigues me has come available. Unfortunately, it is near Boston MA. So the plan is fly down, do two nights in Boston, rent an SUV and lug this thing home .

Unless anyone with a nice local unit can persuade me to buy theirs, it looks like a fun adventure.....

Dave

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Re: WTB - F-14 Tomcat

Saw that one, a bit rough for my taste. Don't think it's a $1200 machine either, but even if it was cheaper, I'd still pass.

thanks for the heads up though!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Re: WTB - F-14 Tomcat IMPENDING purchase

Flying to Boston for an F-14 seems excessive no?

Hope you locate one.
I find this game a to be a lot of fun and have to play it whenever I come accross one.

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Re: WTB - F-14 Tomcat IMPENDING purchase

Excessive...maybe a bit....but I've not seen too many good examples come up lately. As well, it helps to convince the wife if she happens to REALLY REALLY want to go to Boston...... ;)

But of course, I am open to a local machine, but time is a bit tight now. Cheap flights have to be booked by tomorrow..........

We'll see.....

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
Re: WTB - F-14 Tomcat FOUND

Nice! I love Boston! You should make a side trip to the Pinball Wizard arcade in Pelham, NH

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario

Thanks guys, I'll report back my experience and include some photos. I'm leaving next Thursday and picking up the machine on Saturday, so I'll have some time to look around Boston. We are staying down at the harbour. :D

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario

spiroagnew said:
Pretty cool significant other to go along with that scheme! Congrats. Safe journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, my new plan when pin shopping is to only look in areas that the wife wants to go. Seems to work flawlessly!! :lol:

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford

stiffler4444 said:
spiroagnew said:
Pretty cool significant other to go along with that scheme! Congrats. Safe journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, my new plan when pin shopping is to only look in areas that the wife wants to go. Seems to work flawlessly!! :lol:

My girlfriend told me to buy a pin in Montreal so we can go visit :-D. Don't mind if I do haha!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario

So, got the machine home and played a few very enjoyable games. Then the left flipper coil kept sticking. Coil sleeve was not coming out for replacement, so I replaced the entire coil. Played a couple more games, then the left coil started feeling weak. Moments later, I lost power to all 50V coils..........

Guess I'll be doing some trouble shooting this week, was too tired to delve into in yesterday.... :x

Status
Not open for further replies.