• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

CPC 2013 - Friday night pics

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
It was a really good time.

the biggest issue was playoffs and I knew the schedule was much to aggressive and unrealistic, playoffs on Saturday didn't end till 2am.

We had overlap between Classics and Open and as a result were unable to run both at the same time.

Next year this will be fixed by adding Sunday onto the tournament, Classics finals will be done on the Saturday, and Sunday will be for the A and B division finals.

I'm still exhausted as after playing till 2am, I had to head home, grab a few hours of sleep and then come back and tear down on Sunday. Haven't even bothered to set everything back up at my place.

Thanks for the photos Tim, I always wish I had more time to take pictures but am always to busy to do so.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Would love to see some videos of this soccer ball setup in action

IMG_3614_zpsba09285f.jpg

tim.sanderson

That was probably one of the coolest pinball things I've ever tried! I didn't get too many pictures of that. (I didn't even take that photo... that's me playing) In hind sight I should have taken some video, too.
Next year I'll be sure to get the weekend off of work long before the tourney!

tim.sanderson

Menace said:
So what did everyone think of the venue? The location seemed really good, even though I didn't make it down. :(
I think a lot of people were skeptical/worried about the churchiness of the location. I found it was actually quite good, much better than I was expecting. (and this is coming from a guy who's very uncomfortable in religious places)

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I was expecting church basement and it was like a community centre. bright, clean, air conditioned, hot food. seems like they have room to grow there as well.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Agree with Chris 100%.

A great venue choice and a fantastic location with great people assisting who made for an enjoyable event,
especially for all of our children who attended as well.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Venue was exactly what is needed .. the down side is that it is not available on Sundays (at least I do not think it is and I'm sure they don't want people knocking around machines on a Sunday (but maybe a later start on the Sunday 1-2pm for just A & Bfinals might be okay ?? .. still could make for a late evening but it would keep it from going to 2am ... I'm sure Mike/Adam and the gang will get it figured out).

The only issue I heard of was a bit of a power issue with the ten bank of machines as there was a couple of resets.