• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

cool auction in Selwyn, Ontario Near Peterborough on Saturday

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
This is the auction that's the most interesting on that page. Some cool old stuff there.

For Bruce & Maureen Tavener,

(downsizing)

PINBALL MACHINES, JUKE BOXES, ANTIQUE & FINE HOME FURNISHINGS,
ADVERTISING SIGNS, VINTAGR BOWLING GAME, VEHICLE, LAWN TRACTOR,
TRUCK PARTS & ENGINE, FANS, VINTAGE MACHINIST EQUIPMENT,
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLES, STEREOS & TTURN TABLES,
RECORDS, HORSE DRAWN SLEIGH.

The Taveners collected these rare and unique items for the past 40 years. This will be a great sale, well worth you attendance.

JUKE BOXES - AMI Multihorn high fidelity G-80, AMI Rowe MMIA, Wurlitzer 2810, Americana Wurlitzer, Seeburg.

PINBALL MACHINES - Williams Upper Deck, Sharpe Shooter II #4740, Williams "Oh Boy" two player, Bally bow & Arrow, Gottiebs Surf Camp, Chicago Coins champion Score, United Team Shuffle Alley - bowling, ABC Bally Bowling lanes, Galaxy Chicago coins, Skyfighter.

Test-o-matic radio & TV tube tester & assorted tubes, Trico wiper blade display, 2 vintage sleds, vintage International scale, vintage porcelain drinking fountains, assortment of bikes, 6 man hot tub, Hobbs Division generator, 1990-92 Ford truck parts, 350 big block engine & 350 small block, vintage incubator, Miller 225V thunderbolt, Singer treadle sewing machine. Gramophones, electrical wiring & boxes, Buckley's cigarette machine, vintage yellow Pepsi cooler, Coke coolers, antique sofa, Advertising clocks & display stands, Seagrams 7 whiskey sign, bicycle built for two, Chattam incubator, vintage shingle cutter, stop lights, walk signal sign, neon light, lighted signs. Frowtalini accordion (needs work), lobster trap, 4 seater sleigh, industrial fans, General Electric vintage fridge, assorted metal signs, oil lamps, large quantities of radios & turn tables, speakers, 1000s of records. Selection of music boxes, Candlestick phone, coin pay phone, Silverwoods ice cream cooler, Canada Dry 2 door pop cooler, Brunswick wind up phonograph, Koken companies barber chair, assorted china & glass. Vintage Case riding tractor PTO/hydraulic/scuffer attachment/blade/lawn deck & snow blower. 2 vintage cast iron wood stoves, air tight insert, old style conveyer belt bale lifter.

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
i went to this auction this weekend on saturday with Ted Pepper. things were going ridiculously cheap. Ted came back with 2 shuffle bowlers and a 14 ft ball bowler. i came home with a 1959 Chicago Coin Drop Ball which i paid 80 bucks for( a rather neat shuffle game) the pins themselves went much higher that i thought they would though. i went as high as 400 on the Williams OH BOY with a nice pf and bg. it went for 460 untested and im pretty sure nonworking. i will add this to games id be interrested in the future though. i think most of the other games went for over 450 including the nonworking surf champ with a 6-7 backglass. i too stopped around 450 for the 1941 mutoscope skyfighter(it did in fact have the head and appeared complete) and it went for about 460... i should have maybe gone higher.. but who knows how high it would have gone. i doubt ill ever see another one again.

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
How about the Canada Dry cooler?
i cant remember exactly but i do believe all the coolers went between 4-500. the pepsi one was without the compressor. all the signage in my opinion went high.. that canada dry clock went for 180. As a side note thats what lead me to start collecting pins. i collect paint signs but when i saw a paint sign that was about 12 inches by 36 inches at a 1000 bucks at an antique store.. you can quickly see the rationale for collecting pinballs!

the craziest thing about the auction is they had tables upon tables ofamps recievers speakers and turntables. 2 and 3 tables were going for 2 or 3 bucks. we returned the next day with a trailer for our stuff and there were these big piles of stereo equipment! asking the lady what was up with that , she explained whoever bought the equipment went and cut each cord off the equipment and left the rest of the stuff rendering everything useless(who knows it may have been anyways).

As for the pins, i dont think they were bought by pinball collectors or at the least not with much knowledge. you could sort of see the experience breaking them down.. i was cringing when i saw the "oh boy" being placed on a dolly complete and loaded into the truck fully assembled.