• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Control Panel for Multicade

Timinator

Dec 24, 2012
Pembroke, ON
Hi, just wondering if anyone can recommend a place to get a control panel built for my recent multicade build? Something that is made from melamine in black and t-molding channels are pre-cut. Thanks!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
If you've got the equipment, it's probably easiest to just build your own. The only thing I remember being a little tricky to find is the t-molding cutter, and that I was able to get online. Doing it yourself also means you can set things up like stick alignment and button pitch exactly the way you want it.

Were you looking for something pre-wired as well, or just the box?

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca
I've built a few MAME cabs. My control panels have always been made of MDF wrapped in vinyl and have t-molding on them. Never thought about using melamine. Have a look here:

https://goo.gl/photos/1MFmig5WfT5ruimD8

You basically need a spade bit for buttons and joystick holes and a slot cutter and router for the t-molding. My boxes were always built into the cabinet itself as you can see in the images so all I needed was the panel.