• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Cirqus Voltaire or GnR LE or Elvira

IVPinball

Jul 22, 2013
Toronto
Hi!

Looking for a Medieval Madness (found one) or Cirqus Voltaire. Could potentially trade a Monster Bash SE, but would rather keep it.
I'd be open to Halloween as well or a GnR LE.

Thanks!

Last edited:

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
CVs are very hard to find. Been looking for one for years. Don't think I have seen one in person in Ontario. Likely best bet is in the US. One on Pinside right now.

Reactions: IVPinball

necro_nemesis

Nov 20, 2012
Newmarket, Ontario. Canada
Interesting bit of info re CV at http://www.hassellcastle.com/cirqusowners.htm Deciphering this list I believe 53362 indicates domestic market CV, 100 is a sample and last three the machine in the series. 50262 for example would be Germany. 200 and up main production. There's an estimated ~200 samples that were produced and ~2500 production worldwide.

One odd thing is the skinny ringmaster in mine has green eyes. Green eyed/ skinny was prototype, Blue eyed / skinny sample, reproduction skinny is also blue. The shit that makes you wonder. Did they just dig to the bottom of the ringmaster box that day.

Last edited:

IVPinball

Jul 22, 2013
Toronto
Interesting bit of info re CV at http://www.hassellcastle.com/cirqusowners.htm Deciphering this list I believe 53362 indicates domestic market CV, 100 is a sample and last three the machine in the series. 50262 for example would be Germany. 200 and up main production. There's an estimated ~200 samples that were produced and ~2500 production worldwide.

One odd thing is the skinny ringmaster in mine has green eyes. Green eyed/ skinny was prototype, Blue eyed / skinny sample, reproduction skinny is also blue. The shit that makes you wonder. Did they just dig to the bottom of the ringmaster box that day.
Interesting! Some things we'll never know. Nice to have something special though. I have a prototype Getaway, which was easy to find out. However, how many were made.....I have no clue. It has a factory key start instead of a start button. Why? How? No idea. Similar with a Diamond Plate Diner, no idea how many were made.

necro_nemesis

Nov 20, 2012
Newmarket, Ontario. Canada
Does it have red lamp boards? Not that this is a requirement of being a prototype but it was to my understanding often the case. My understanding there were two "complete" game types leading up to production. Prototype and sample. Samples were put out in the field in limited numbers to ascertain what wasn't discovered on the machine "at the bottom of the stairs" at Williams.

Rarity of this sort isn't by design which attempts to artificially generate desirability through the notion of scarcity. Rarity on it's own doesn't equate to collectability. There's various factors much of which is the context it occurred within and that it's organic and not contrived.

IVPinball

Jul 22, 2013
Toronto
The Getaway I have is definitely a prototype with red boards and x serial. Diner looks like a sample, with only a few red boards, no x serial nr, yellow ramp and diamond plate. I honestly don't really care about the collectability, I just think it's nice to have something a little different.