• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Buying a new car?

QN

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
I don't put a lot of stock into brand loyalty, just go with what fits at the time and what is the best value at the time. I'm wrapping up use on a 2000 Civic, it's been a good, reliable car, but then again it was made over a dozen years ago, so it's not even close to being the same car as a 2013 Civic so there's little point in making any correlation between the two.

Same goes for other's experiences, there are lemon's everywhere. The sample size is too small to mean anything.

Get what you like and enjoy it, how it turns out maintenance-wise is a gamble anyway....

necro_nemesis

Nov 20, 2012
Newmarket, Ontario. Canada
Vengeance said:
So out last Mazda lasted 11 years so we stuck with what we know.

Although my old Protege took a pretty good beating I wasn't so convinced to stay with Mazda with their current offerings. Unfortunately like stocks, past performance is not an indication of future performance. I don't put too much faith in any one car brand. They've all been guilty of building their fair share of shit boxes.