• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum?

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Just made a purchase through a member here and was forced to make the thread in the general section. Didn't seem to fit right, but wanted it to garner attention nonetheless.

Anyway, maybe a feedback section in the for sale section would be nice. I would hope it mainly be used for positive, but its also good to know about certain sellers in the kijiji world and otherwise that are not so good to deal with.

Just a thought.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I know other buy and sell forums I frequent such as RedFlagDeals a lot of the users use a website called heatware.com but I don't think it would work well for pinball classifieds. A buyer/seller feedback forum could raise a lot of drama and moderation which we or at least I am not interested in doing. I would recommend using the search function and look at the seller's history or how they conduct themselves on here or other forums. You can also ask some of the veteran members for a quick reference check or their thoughts or opinions on a game you are thinking about purchasing.

I think the best thing to do is if there is a FS thread on here and you bought the machine you can make a post in there stating how satisfied you were with how things went down with the seller as this would show up in a search. If it was bad and the seller wasn't willing to do the right thing then I would suggest posting that in the thread in a constructive manner and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
mwong168 said:
I know other buy and sell forums I frequent such as RedFlagDeals a lot of the users use a website called heatware.com but I don't think it would work well for pinball classifieds. A buyer/seller feedback forum could raise a lot of drama and moderation which we or at least I am not interested in doing. I would recommend using the search function and look at the seller's history or how they conduct themselves on here or other forums. You can also ask some of the veteran members for a quick reference check or their thoughts or opinions on a game you are thinking about purchasing.

I think the best thing to do is if there is a FS thread on here and you bought the machine you can make a post in there stating how satisfied you were with how things went down with the seller as this would show up in a search. If it was bad and the seller wasn't willing to do the right thing then I would suggest posting that in the thread in a constructive manner and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

This is also a good point. I guess the coin has both sides to it.

Was just very happy with the purchase I made, and with the sellers low post count, it would be hard for someone to know that he is honest and commendable.

Maybe my idea was more spontaneous than it should have been.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
brewmanager said:
I think it might be better kept informally. Someone with negative feedback might complain.
As mike said after you posted this, it would lead to extra moderation. Which may be quite tedious indeed.

Only retort I have for you though, "why would the complainer have negative feedback?" something must have warranted it.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Best bet? Ask. As in any hobby, there are great people and douchenozzles. Collect a few opinions. It's a small world.

I've done business with fantastic people, and others (who will remain nameless in public) that I would recommend moving carefully with.

PMs work well.