• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Break it to them gently

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Agreed - the social side of pinball is indeed the best side. I have to admit I spend more time talking/texting with my pinball buddies than I have been with my other friends since I got started in the hobby, and why I enjoy the online side of things.

After all - who better to hang out with than people who are as crazy obsessed as you are, about the same thing?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
brewmanager said:
After all - who better to hang out with than people who are as crazy obsessed as you are, about the same thing?

We had a pretty fun GTG last month which started out at Adam's place and his wife sure was a great host making sure everyone was fed and always had a drink in hand. I think I spent more time catching up with some old friends and finally putting some names to faces that day when the London gang came to Toronto. After Adam's we all headed over to Doug's to play more pins, socialize and doing the harlem milkshake!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9ywJFYT8y2Q[/youtube]

Nice shirt Walt ;)

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
mwong168 said:
Nice shirt Walt ;)

Speaking of limits, I've been requested by my wife to not let it see the light of day again. Since I have no fashion sense (at all) and don't care about clothes (at all), it's my new painting shirt.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I had no idea what I was missing out on that day because I heard people from our group of friends asking if anyone could bring a motorcycle helmet to the GTG. I was thinking maybe for this? :lol:

8661168200_1cfed99f7e_c.jpg

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
spiroagnew said:
...unless you get trapped on the wrong end of a Funhouse while hauling it out of the basement..

I didn't think it was that hairy - although I will admit to having trouble with the top step when we were bringing it up.

Haven't dropped a pin yet, although one did fall off my dolly when I hit an unexpected pothole - luckily my van saved it from going very far, and there was very minimal damage to the pin or the van.

Have since learned to either strap or keep a much better grip.