• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

BMW X3 - Pinball in back - will it fit?

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
So, Has anyone fit a standard sized Stern Spike 2 pinball machine with back-box folded down in the back of a BMW X3? Measuring it out it looks doable, but close - so like to hear if youve had experience with this.

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Very cool site! So, my x3 is a 2016... It is deep and wide enough, no issue with that, it is the clearance of the folded back box - I have 31" of hatchback opening space. A quick measurement of where the back box (8") folds down on the cabinet 5 or 6" in from of the hinge (22") is a total of 30". But, when the back seats fold down they angle up a bit causing a shallow V. Im thinking that the weight of the machine pushing down on the back of the seats will level it off, but Im not sure. So, if anyone has done it, it would be great to hear.

Ponzie

Oct 3, 2017
Ottawa
Good point that I didnt think of! That will be my plan b!
Have done that a few times now to get a machine to fit in the back of my SUV...
Measurements LOOK fine but there's no way it would have fit....
Removing the head on Spike 2 machines is really easy... Use a sharpie to mark the cables if you want but it's pretty self explanatory.