• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TIP BEWARE OF SCAMMERS!

sylvain

Apr 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Another scam advertized on Kijiji Saskatchewan and Ottawa.
The one in Sask seems to have been taken down now.
$5000 again ?

- Sylvain.

Attachments

• pin3.png
    pin3.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 957
  • pin2.png
    pin2.png
    357.9 KB · Views: 955
In Winnipeg

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...ts-Limited-Edition-Pinball-W0QQAdIdZ548399715

Metallica Master of Puppets Limited Edition Pinball

Date Listed 30-Nov-13
Price $5,000.00
Address Winnipeg, MB, Canada
View map

This is a lightly used Metallica Master of Puppetes LE pinball machine with upgraded speaker panel mod By Back Alley Creations. Game also has cliffy protector, Back Box Led kit mod, Led speaker panel kit mod, Polk Audio External sub woofer

One of Stern's most desirable games. Game works 100%. Awesome gameplay, awesome shots, great ball flow.

NEW IN BOX

Playfield 10

Cabinet 10

Translite 10

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
Luckydogg420 said:
Here's another.

CACTUS CANYON PINBALL MACHINE~ BALLY ~ COLLECTOR'S CONDITION! ~ on Kijiji http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=548526001

Pretty sure it's a scam

Well considering it's presently on eBay for $20 000 by a well-known arcade company in Texas, I'd say it is a scam. :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CACTUS-CANYON-P ... 1076033447

The black and white tiles are a dead giveaway.

Mind you, it's hard for me to decide which is the bigger scam...$5K for a machine you never see or $20 000 for a machine that is probably only worth $12 - $14 and maybe less in the near future ( depending on remakes ). I guess from a pure loss-of-money perspective, getting ripped off $5K is actually the better deal !!! :lol:

Nintendo

Jun 28, 2014
Vaudreuil
Beware of a seller in St.Albert, Alberta selling an Addams Family. The listing goes up every so often, but don't be fooled by it. The seller tries to come off as a nice guy, and makes you believe that the pinball is in excellent shape but it's anything but. The playfield also has a crack which the seller glued together; this was something he never mentioned over the phone. Seller was also very antsy to have money wired to him. If anyone ever comes across an Addams Family in Alberta, please PM me with details. I can give you the name of the seller in case he tries to pull a fast one on anyone.

One thing I learned in this hobby is if you try to fu*k one member, you fu*k the entire community. Black listed like a mutha fuc*a.

If you see the listing in St.Albert, Alberta, avoid at all costs. If you see an Addams Family listing in Alberta, beware.

:cool:

kiwi

Dec 27, 2015
Ontario, Canada
thanks for the heads up - I was really surprised to see that there are so many scammers in this hobby!?. Theres that guy that advertises from Kingston.. <-- who mentions selling because of his dying father..

smokedog

Mar 5, 2013
Saskatoon
Was directed to a local deal that was posted on MACCA ... https://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=20083

I spoke with the original owner from Switzerland.

This pin was sold to a buddy of his, and currently resides in Lyons, France.

So, I advise to avoid dealings with the OP, and maybe the site admins of MACCA should take a look for duplicate IP's/accounts, or trace the IP and give the community a heads up to where this scammer resides.

Your friendly neighbourhood Smokedog.

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
Need a laugh?
In curiosity contacted this ad ... http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/d...achines-for-sale-both-new-and-used/1138411783
.....and got a reply from a Richards Thompson with a list of 30 top pins and his price.

"HELLO , I AM VERY HAPPY TO READ FROM YOU , ALL OUR PINBALL MACHINES ARE IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION , IT WILL COST $2000 FOR A MACHINE , I AM LOCATED AT NORTH CAROLINA/CHARLOTTE 'BELOW ARE SOME OF THE MACHINES WE HAVE AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW ."

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
He said:

Richards said:
HELLO , I AM VERY HAPPY TO READ FROM YOU , ALL OUR PINBALL MACHINES ARE IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION , IT WILL COST $2000 FOR A MACHINE , I AM LOCATED AT NORTH CAROLINA/CHARLOTTE 'BELOW ARE SOME OF THE MACHINES WE HAVE AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW .
WE HAVE
-ADDAMS FAMILY
-APPOLO
-ATTACK FROM MARS
-AUSTIN POWER
-NATMAN FOREVER
-BRAM STORKERS DRACULA
-CACTUS CANYON
-CHAMPION PUB
-CIRQUS VOLTAIRE
-CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON
_DIRTY HARRY
-DOCTOR WHO
-FISH TALES
-GETAWAY
-GILLIGAN'S ISLAND
-GOLDENEYE
-HAWAIIAN BEAUTY
-HARLET DAVIDSON
-INDIANA JONES
-HIGH SPEED
-INDIANAPOLIS
-JOHNNY MNEMONIC
-MARY SHELLEY'S FRANKENTEIN
-MEDIEVAL MADNESS
-MOSTER BASH
-NBA
-PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
-PINBALL MAGIC
-PLAYBOY
-RIVERBOAT GAMBLE
-ROAD SHOW
-ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE
-ROYAL GUARD
-SCARED STIFF
-THE SHADOW
-STARSHIP TROOPERS
-STAR TREK
-STAR WAES
-TALES OF THE ARABIAN NIGHT
-TERMINATOR
-THEATRE OF MAGIC
-TWILIGHT ZONE
-TWISTER
-VIPER NIGHT DRIVIN
-WHITE WATER
-WORLD CUP SOCCER
AND MANY MORE . SO I WILL BE WAITING TO READ FROM YOU . BEST REGARDS

$2000 per machine? You rarely see a good Harlet Davidson for that price - or a Star Waes for that matter. I'll take three. I reply.

HELO TO YOU TWO RICHARD THOMPSON. I VERY MUCH TO BUY YOU CIRQUS VOLTAIRE, NATMAN FOREVER AND HARLET DAVIDSON. HOW TO PROCEED?

His reply - which was quick.

Richards said:
hello , first i will like to know where you are located ?? thanks

My reply. I like CAPS!

HELO RICHARD. I AM IN SEATTLE.

Almost right away I got another reply.

Richards said:
ok so when will you be needing the machines ??

I fire right back..

HALO. AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WOULD BE THE BEST.

He said

Richards said:
then we can arrange for the shipping right now

Shipping? No way. My "brother" who just happens to live in NC is going to pick these up. Let's make sure they are all there first.

ARE ALL MACHINES IN CHARLOTTE NOW? SO ALL WILL BE SHIP FROM YOU PLACE?

He says:

Richards said:
yes the machines are in Charlotte right now . and i will also be needing your full address

No sir. No address for you yet.

PERFECT THEM. NO NEEDS TO SHIPPING. I HAVE BROTHER IN CHARLOTTE. CAN HE PICK UP?

Richards said:
yes that will be nice . when can he come over ??

Didn't expect that. Let's see if I can get a location from him.

WHAT IS UR ADDRESS? I CAN GIVE TWO HIM AND ASK WHEN HE COME OVER.

Richards said:
here is my address

Address: XX11 Cliffside Dr, Charlotte
state: North Carolina
city :Charlotte
zip code: 28205

I guess scammers don't give a shit if they send people to someone elses address. The guy is probably in Nigeria or something.

OK. I GIVE HIM. CAN YOU SEND ME PIX OF MACHINE I WILL BUY? ALSO HOW TO PAY YOU?

Richards said:
since you brother is coming over he will take the pics and let you see them , it will cost $4000 for the two machine ok

OK. I NEED SEND YOU MONEYS. BROTHER JUST PICKING UP. ALSO. NEED TO SEE PICTURES TO MAKE SURE MACHINES NOT RUSTY. BROTHER NOT HAVE CAMERAS.

Richards said:
ok . let me send you the photos

It took a few hours for the reply. Probably digging online trying to find pictures of a cherry Harlet Davidson or Natman Forever pinball machine. This is what he sent.

here are the photos , and sorry it will cost $6000 for the three machines not $4000 , thanks

He included a bunch of pictures. Here are a few:

CV1.jpg
Found this picture on http://www.wakefieldpinball.com/

batman_dark_night_4.jpg

This one was on IPDB - http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5307&picno=38737
(it's not even a Natman Forever!!)

harley_davidson_1.jpg

Found this here - http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/harley_davidson/harley_davidson_pinball.htm

I wasn't 100 percent sure he was full of shit until now. I mean, I was pretty sure. Who sells these titles for $2000?

THOSE ARE THE MACHIONES I BUYING??? THEY LOOK PERFECT!

HOW TO SEND THE $6000 TO YOU?

So far no reply. I'll update when I get one.

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
He hasn't replied so I just followed up.

HALLO RICHARDS THOMPSON!
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WARE TO SEND THE MONEYS TO BUY YOU BEAUTIFUL PINBALLED MACHINES.

Nothing like CAPS LOCK to get the point across.

He's a terrible scammer. I have a money order from the 1st Bank of Nigeria just waiting for him. Take my money!

Reactions: scylla

scylla

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON
This is hilarious. Please keep us updated on the progress of your transaction.

BTW you can find fake/expired Western Union numbers on the internet. My other half has used these to mess with scammrs.

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
I've "corresponded" with this guy. I told him to at least change the zip code to match the address.