• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Best sound effect

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
I've only had the game setup for 24 hours now, but I can't recall a sound more satisfying than Grand Lizard's baboon spinner. When you get it going good, it's like a monkey house....without the terrible smell.

Loving the game!

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
brewmanager said:
I've only had the game setup for 24 hours now, but I can't recall a sound more satisfying than Grand Lizard's baboon spinner. When you get it going good, it's like a monkey house....without the terrible smell.

Loving the game!

Dare I ask?

What's a monkey house smell like?
:?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
One of my favorite sound effects is the bonus countdown on TOTAN that happens as the jewels on the playfield un-light in sequence. Very cool integration of theme, sound and lightshow.
It makes losing your ball just a little bit nicer.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Space Shuttle all the way. There, I dated myself. Nuff said.
Er, ah, STTNG and IJ from that era perhaps for integration.
ACDC, or other newer Sterns, Ok, but let's not be silly then.

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Best sound effects/voice call outs for me:
- TZ when you lock the last ball for MB "Don't touch the door, Don't touch the door"
- LOTR "You shall not pass" Awesome.

Excluding voice calls.

- spinner on Gorgar. Love that sound.
- TZ: bonus countdown for Hitchhikers when you hit it and have a bunch of hitchhikers. Awesome

Cheers,
Duane

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
STTNG - spinner sound followed by "Piccard Manuevere" and then "Warp Factor 9"
TOTAN - love the jewel countdown too

This isn't really a sound effect but on some games like Demolition Man I really like the sound the ball makes when you slam it into the scoop from the upper flipper.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
mwong168 said:
This isn't really a sound effect but on some games like Demolition Man I really like the sound the ball makes when you slam it into the scoop from the upper flipper.

TAF has the most awesome "clunk" when you nail a direct shot into the vault after opening the bookcase. It's gold Jerry!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
jooky said:
MM - hitting the catapult target that makes the bell sound before the ball is launched.

Ahhh yes! That's the Catapult Slam!
Very satisfying when you nail it in there just right. One of the toughest shots IMO.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
jooky said:
MM - hitting the catapult target that makes the bell sound before the ball is launched.

Speaking of bell, that shot on ACDC Premium is pretty satisfying to hit too!

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Chris Bardon said:
I still love the TZ jackpot sound. It's just the perfect, loud, "you did something awesome" sound :)

YES!!!!

The most satisfying "clunk" sound for me is hitting the center scope on STTNG during Ferengi MB. Love the clunk sound of that scope. One of the most satisfying feelings is shooting that scope a few times in a row.

Cheers,
Duane