• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Best Fire Extingusher for Pin Collections

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I was browsing through RGP and came across an excellent thread about this, and thought I would share.

The answer is the ones that are based on Halotron1, an electrically non-conductive "clean" extinguishing liquid agent that quickly turns into gas when applied. Halotron 1 is an EPA- and FAA-approved agent, and has passed testing by Underwriters Laboratories. It's safe for a variety of fires such and extinguishes them quickly and safely, with no danger of electric shock and no messy residue to clean up. It also stores longer than powder-based agents, so your extinguisher will be
there when you need it. Perfect for your car, RV, garage, workshop, home, or pinball collection.

They're in approx. in the $125-$200 range, depending on size and are available from a variety of sources.

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
8866942538_43ff5853eb_c.jpg

Anyone else in here have magical white smoke stories in a pinball machine to share besides Walt? :) I know monkeybuy's Lectronamo almost went down in flames and I think Menace was there too when it happened after he did some board repair??

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Pretty sure they released the "Magic Smoke" from tits & balls (err.. Strikes & Spares) not long ago :lol:

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
DRANO said:
Pretty sure they released the "Magic Smoke" from tits & balls (err.. Strikes & Spares) not long ago :lol:

LOL. We did, but that hardly constitutes a fire. Not even a puff of smoke, just that pungent aroma.

Dave's F-14 on the other hand... :D

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Menace said:
DRANO said:

LOL. We did, but that hardly constitutes a fire. Not even a puff of smoke, just that pungent aroma.

Dave's F-14 on the other hand... :D

D

Gives a new meaning to afterburners :)

On another note... how come that nifty Prodigy hairstyle never really took off?