• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS Bally Star Trek

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca
Folks,

I have a buddy that's interested in selling his Bally Star Trek. Asking price is $3500 and the game is located in Pickering. He might have some room to move. Don't crap on me about the price, I have no clue if it's fair or not. If you don't think it is given the list below, let me know what you believe is more appropriate.

The game has the following:

- CPR bronze playfield
- CPR plastics
- New scoring displays (I believe they are PinScore)
- NOS backglass
- Custom drop targets
- New stand up targets
- New light sockets with resistors added throughout the playfield
- New pop bumper bodies with clear coloured caps
- Full LEDs

The cabinet is in decent condition from what I recall. The game plays really well given that it has many new parts.

I did the playfield swap for him. Not saying that's a good or bad thing, just saying that I'm familiar with the game. Don't judge my work harshly, I'm just an amateur! I didn't rebuild any mechanisms or coils, just cleaned them up a bit as I went.

If you are interested, let me know and I will connect the two of you.

Thanks for looking...

20170720_221518.jpg
20170720_221523.jpg

20170720_221527.jpg

20170720_221544.jpg

20170720_221602.jpg

20170720_221607.jpg

20170720_221613.jpg

20170720_221622.jpg

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca
Big price tag considering this. Looks nice though. GLWTS

Well, if you consider a $600 playfield, $400 backglass, $300 for new displays, $150 for new plastics, and at least $250 in sockets, targets, drop downs, rubbers, LEDs and other odds and ends I don't think it's crazy for someone that wants a machine that plays perfectly and looks really nice. A local tech that many of us know has done work on the boards so there aren't any known issues.

While I may be self-deprecating about my soldering skills, the three playfield swaps I have done have not had any issues to this point so I must be doing something right. Sure we could have replaced/rebuilt every coil and mech but he decided to draw the line there as everything was working fine before we started.

So with roughly $2k in parts and not including labour for a playfield swap, what's fair value for this? I see some of the garbage that people are selling and asking top dollar for. Sure this game might only be attractive to certain individuals and that may make it tougher to sell but what do you guys think it should be priced at? And I realize that you don't always get back what you put in (I have done the same with my Firepower, I'll never recoup my investment).

And of course the cabinet isn't as nice as your dearly departed SS, but it's not like it's beat to hell either! ;)

Just sayin...

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Personally I think late 70's/Early 80's Bally's are a tough sell when restored as the sum of their parts can out pace their overall value... unless it is a Fathom or Centaur... maybe throw a Kiss in there too.

I've seen a couple of Silverball Mania's listed on Kijiji in the last year or so with new plastics/playfields and newly stencilled cabinets asking $2,800(Maybe the same machine?) Who knows if they sold or not and I'm not one to say if a Star Trek is more desirable than a SBM or not but if you're holding out for $3K+ you will likely need to wait a bit until the right buyer happens upon it.

It is a good looking machine! GLWS.

Reactions: Dino Z.

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca
that comment hurt lol

Oh man, don't take that comment the wrong way! It wasn't meant to be negative at all! I was giving you props for the job that you did on the SS cabinet. I wish my FP looked like that!

Just trying to get a gauge on what is a fair ask on the Star Trek with all the goodies it has in it.

We're all friends here right? :)

SUPERBEE

Feb 19, 2014
Newmarket On
I just imho think it might be a bit high in the asking price but who the hell knows the way pin prices have been going. I could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time !! lol