• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Are premium system 11 upgrade speakers worth the money?

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
I was just wondering if the premium speaker upgrades available for system 11 and system 11ABC are worth the money I see there around $170.00 US. My HighSpeed and Whirlwind sound so good to me with the old dusty original speakers would an upgrade like this be worth the money and actually be a vast improvement?

What are your experiences with speaker up grades and were you happy with the results?

Any pictures of installations would be cool also

mitch_a

Mar 2, 2014
Bamberg Ontario
You'll be over 300 canadian by the time they get to your house shipping, duty, conversion, I personally don't think its worth it... but some people might.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
A powered sub on Whirlwind has made such a huge difference to my game.

I had one on High Speed for a while too but I didn't find as much difference.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
The issue with upgrading the speakers in a Sys11 game isn't going to net you the same results as say a WPC-DCS game. The issue is the source sounds are very compressed, so a lot of the sonic information is already lost before you even begin.

As Walt mentioned, adding a powered sub is probably the best bang for buck on a Sys11. If all you do is replace the speakers in the game with better quality / larger units, it will only be a very slight improvement.

D

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
A powered sub on Whirlwind has made such a huge difference to my game.

I had one on High Speed for a while too but I didn't find as much difference.
can you direct me to a link on the sub your talking about that would be cool on Whirlwind I think