• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

3 Cactus Canyon LEs taking the top the spots in the For Sale thread

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
I didn't want to thread jack any of the for sale posts, but I don't often (have never) seen three of the same game for sale at within days (or hours) of each other. Whats the deal ?

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Don’t forget all the folks that only ordered it because they thought they could flip it for a profit if/when they got bored of it.

The game is a lot of fun but certainly isn’t nearly as deep as Spike 2 Sterns. It currently has Medieval Madness humour but Monster Bash simplicity. A software and hardware upgrade package is supposed to get released that’ll make it more like the deeper WPC games but who knows when that’ll come out. Lyman’s passing threw that timeline into limbo. CGC still affirms they will proceed with the upgrade. Not likely before the Pulp Fiction run is completed though.

no idea how much that’ll cost but I wouldn’t be surprised with $1000-$1500 USD but that‘s pure speculation and only my opinion.

ExportZ

Oct 10, 2021
Quebec
With today's price and interest rate, you have to sell something to fund something else, pinball-related or not.

The days of buying all LEs and selling them without financial loss are over.

The game is good, maybe too easy in a small collection, but still costs a lot of money for an "average" game.

Reactions: ChickenCatcher

Gary

Feb 10, 2021
Montreal
Definitely out of spite.. in the end, we all loose. Game is burnt. Will be lucky if.we get anything over 13,500 .. way to go boys

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Because, in spite of the hype it gets, the game is pretty lame.

I wasn't a fan of the original Cactus Canyon and preferred other titles like MM, AFM or MB over it. The only exception was when I tried my friend's who had the Cactus Canyon Continued kit installed which had new complete code and more fun modes in it. I do love the topper on the remake though.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
I'm not getting the comments "I am losing money". You aren't losing anything. You bought a toy/item/whatever at normal retail prices. You used it and now you changed your mind and don't want it. It would be stupid for someone to buy it used for the same amount or more as new. It's available NIB. Probably not from our Canadian distros but definitely lots sitting in warehouses south of the border.

Just like cars. As soon as you drive it off the lot it loses value and will keep losing value for years. We're lucky that these games haven't been losing that much value over the years but the pandemic bump has saturated the market. We're heading back into "normal", which is NIB buyers will always "lose" money. It's the price to pay for the fresh minty NIB smell with a full warranty.

We'll see how long it'll take for manufacturers to start feeling the sting and dropping their prices - or go out of business. I guess it depends how long the economy will suck.