• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Tim's Rescue 911 thread

tim.sanderson

Hi Nick.

You'll have a hard time finding a scan of the manual. Gottlieb is very strict about the copyright of their stuff.
That being said, I may have scanned my manual, and I might be uploading it as I type this, so I may be able to send you a link sometime in the next hour or so. ;)

As for the heli, that mechanism can be very finicky. I'd definitely start with the rubber wheel part of the mech. Make sure it is not slipping binding. Also make sure the arm can move freely, and that it is not too stiff.

Maybe take some detailed pics of it, or even some video of it operating.

Nick Hill

Mar 6, 2015
Sweden
I got the helicopter to work with some help from my friend who is a good engineer :)

We unscrewed the motor underneith the playfield and gave it a complete cleanup and some fluid to smooth up the components. Furthermore we flipped the plate that the rubber is using to roll on which made it more resistant hence making the rubber work properly spinning the helicopter to pick up the ball.

Now is just the beacon light to replace. Anyone has a tip on which lamp to use? I can't seem to find the information in the manual regarding which lamp it should be for the beacon. What voltage could it be?

tim.sanderson

Good to hear! Without the heli, the game is unplayable.

W̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶c̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶?̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶1̶2̶v̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶s̶h̶e̶r̶s̶.̶ ̶(̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶I̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶b̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶e̶)̶
B̶T̶W̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶r̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶S̶O̶L̶1̶6̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶c̶h̶i̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶M̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶d̶8̶0̶8̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶,̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶.̶
[̶A̶T̶T̶A̶C̶H̶]̶3̶5̶8̶7̶[̶/̶A̶T̶T̶A̶C̶H̶]̶

Attachments

• r911_lamps.jpg
    r911_lamps.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Nick Hill

Mar 6, 2015
Sweden
Thank for your quick reply!

I mean the rotating beacon light on top of the backbox.

I took the beacon light apart and noticed that I'm missing the lamp and also the motor has a missing part that makes the roller (on top of the motor) lean on to the rotating house for the lamp. So, I will have to find some sort of spring that forces the motor to connect to the rubber ring around the lamphouse and also find the right type of lamp.

If it is 12v that would be really handy.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Good to hear! Without the heli, the game is unplayable.

Which beacon is it? If I remember correctly, they use 12v flashers. (I think I even bought one from a local car parts store)
BTW, the one marked SOL16 never worked on mine. I also know of other machines where it never worked before either. Maybe brad808 can say whether or not his worked or not, too.
View attachment 3587
Mine has never worked either. I didn't bother investigating it too closely though.

Curtis Fleury

Feb 6, 2015
Saskatchewan
Mine has never worked either. I didn't bother investigating it too closely though.
Mine either but it never had one...haha. I bought an amber rotating light and Princess Auto and had intended to wire it up. However, I'm missing the board to control it and they're like hens teeth to find. I don't know that it's worth pursuing...plays fine without it.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I was also referring to the flasher Tim circled. My beacon lights worked but were incredibly loud until I took them apart and cleaned them plus put tape on the pieces that if I remember correctly were metal to metal contact.

Curtis Fleury

Feb 6, 2015
Saskatchewan
I was also referring to the flasher Tim circled. My beacon lights worked but were incredibly loud until I took them apart and cleaned them plus put tape on the pieces that if I remember correctly were metal to metal contact.
Ahhhh...thanks for the redirect, Tim.

On that note, I have a similar problem with my beacons as well....and I too need to track down a manual. My beacon on the ramp (circled by Tim) works but the ones on the apron, do not. I am missing the board on the door of the backbox and assume it controls those beacons as well. I did check the bulbs and traced the wires and everything seems to be fine. Does anyone know if it's the MA1722 board that controls those beacons?

Curtis Fleury

Feb 6, 2015
Saskatchewan
You guys are confusing the hell out of me haha. Beacon light is the light on top of the backbox of the game.
Sorry, my bad. They do remind me of beacons...just the minature version. Can we call them minature, becon, flashers or globed flahsers...or what? I think of flashers as the flasher bulb in general. :)