• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Hobbit Full Playfield Posted by JJP

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I was really looking forward to see what this game has to offer. I will wait to see what the final product is. At this point they should be seriously concerned about the potential of a lotr ve.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Jersey Jack said:
November 25, 2014

Greetings Pinball Fans,

We recently returned from the IAAPA Amusement Show in Orlando, where we revealed an updated version of The LE Hobbit™ & Smaug™ Gold Special Edition along with a 75th Anniversary & Standard WOZ. We received extremely positive feedback from both longtime customers and people who had never seen our machines before.

Based on feedback from IAAPA regarding the Smaug™ toy, we have made some color changes. Smaug™ will also be showing his teeth in the production games. Please see below for updated images of Smaug!

Games Revealed at IAAPA included the following updates since it's last apperance at Pinball Expo:

+ Book LCD

+ Replaced VUK exit chutes with wireforms

+ Bumper enter/exit through Bag End (removed "Switch Mode" targets)

+ Laser etched Ramp lettering / RGB LEDs underneath

+ Smaug™ sculpt redesign

+ Gold pile in front of Smaug™

+ Columns, gold pile & lighting in upper left

+ Flasher lighting/domes (3 on left side, 3 on right side, 1 gold pile, 1 pop bumper)

+ New art on playfield plastics

+ Action button and RGB LED

+ New decals - arch, shooter, drops, ramps, spinners

+ 2 RGB LED Smaug™ lighting

+ Redesigned bumper barrels to accommodate book LCD

+ New backglass art

+ New drop target colors

+ Closed entrance to shooter lane from outlane

Yet to come for Production Games:

+ Bumper 10pt switch between top and right (through-the-bumper shot)

+ New Playfield art

+ Beast GI lighting

+ Smaug™ eyes lighting (single color)

+ Laser-cut ramp gate with added GI lighting

+ Smaller axes on slings

+ Teeth added to Smaug Toy

As a reminder, customers who currently have a Hobbit™ LE on order have until December 31st to decide if they would like to switch to a Smaug™ Gold. An LE can only be switched to an SE if a minimum of $4000 has been received from the customer or from the customer's distributor by 12/31/14. After this date, no new orders for Smaug™ Gold will be accepted.

We have had many inquires about purchasing a second Smaug™ Toy so the customer has both Smaug™ colors if they wish to interchange them in the future. If you would like to do this, the 2nd Smaug™ Toy will ship with your game for an additional $200, but will NOT be installed. This applies to both LE buyers and Smaug™ Gold Buyers, both have to option to purchase the additional colored Smaug™ Toy. If ordered directly through JJP, please email Jen@JerseyJackPinball.com to purchase. If ordered through a distributor, please contact them to order.

As far as the thick decals we are offering as an upgrade, we will have photos/videos of these in the next month or so to better understand what they are.

Everyone have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
331686-i.jpg

331687-i.jpg

331689-i.jpg

331766-i.jpg

331856-i.jpg

331858.jpg

331859.jpg

331860.jpg

331883.jpg

331884.jpg

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
New PF looks nice in the cab-sounds like shipments are still a ways off though. When do you guys think we'll reasonably see this game-April? June?

At least more time might mean that the code is further along? I'm sure it'll be great once it's done, but at least to start with, I'm not sure about some bits of the layout. Anyone else think that making a game that's so focused on drop targets is going to backfire? You have what, 11 drops, plus 4 trolls, a bunch of standups behind drops, a couple of VUKs, and then the two ramp shots way at the back? I suppose it all comes down to how interesting the rules make shooting everything.

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Great looking game, I really like the revised pf, smaug should have a body though.. amazing for how sparse the top looks the bottom looks packed with the pop up figures!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I'm starting to come around on the idea of the drop targets. I think someone on pinside suggested using a strobing effect on the targets not just to have a moving target to hit, but a moving (or static) opening to hit a stanup behind the targets, so that the drops act like a barrier. Again, it's a way to change the geometry of the game while you're playing. Could make for some interesting shots. It still seems to be a game focused a lot around the new drop targets plus the four monsters (which are, I suppose, more drop targets), but it does have the divertable ramps, and there's still something else to be revealed around the subways I think (mightbe something to do with the outlane/windlance feature).

Now we just have to get games delivered up here, and hopefully not get screwed on the exchange rate. I still have an invoice that explicitly states the price in $CDN, but others have been told that it's actually $US, and that we'll be on the hook for the difference. Nothing about that on the invoice though, and nothing about "prices subject to change", so I'm going to hold them to it and see what happens. Of course, no point in fighting about it until games ship. Lots can happen between now and then.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I'm assuming he may be referring to the playfield quality problems that keep popping up on woz machines that people on pinside are complaining about. There have been quite a few with premature wear and spots that appear to have not been prepped properly before artwork printing.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Has any of these games shipped? I just keep remembering that they were supposed to ship with the last movie, it just seems their late with this game too.