• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Hobbit Full Playfield Posted by JJP

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
Video discussion of audio and graphic design of the hobbit at the NW pinball show.

Code:
http://www.twitch.tv/nwpinballarcadeshow/c/6815063

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Recent pics from the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown

416708-i.jpg

416710-i.jpg

416709-i.jpg

416711-i.jpg

416712-i.jpg

416713-i.jpg

416714-i.jpg

416715-i.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
More Hobbit Pinball parts continue to arrive at our factory every day. We want to keep you updated on where we are production wise, as well as providing insight into our team's progress on programming, sound, and animation.

Games are currently undergoing the approval processes so that we can ship worldwide. A few parts are waiting for that final approval and then the floodgates open. The picture of the playfield below shows the new ramp on Hobbit.

Based on WOZ and how The Hobbit has developed, you all know what we put into our games-our Passion, Heart and Soul. You will have these games forever to enjoy so our efforts and time are well spent to satisfy our loyal JJP fans.

We are happy to share this high res image of The Hobbit Playfield with you!
Click to view Photo

The video below explains how to achieve the high-end goals of The Hobbit™ pinball game: "Wizard" modes based on climactic scenes of each of the trilogy movies.

Each achievement will add a spark to the Arkenstone™. Complete all sparks of the Arkenstone to qualify the next wizard mode.

The wizard mode movies scenes were selected for their exciting content and ability to present fun, frenzied pinball action:
Into the Fire from An Unexpected Journey presents the final showdown between Thorin and the Dwarves vs. Azog and the Orcs.
Barrel Escape from The Desolation of Smaug presents the one of the greatest chase sequences ever produced as the Dwarves, Elves, and Orcs fight their way down the Forest River towards Lake Town.
Finally, Battle of Five Armies is an epic finale taking many scenes from the titular movie in one unbelievable multiball!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
So presumably this is independent of the modes in the center grid, or perhaps those will complement one of those quadrants (dwarf/elf mode), although not sure how many of those you'd need to qualify the arkenstone segment (maybe the more modes you cash in the higher the base value or something like that). Also, I wonder if those are going to be sequential arkenstone modes-i.e. will you always have to play Into the Fire first?

Either way, it looks like the game is coming along, and I'm still looking forward to getting my hands on it-hopefully this year?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
These were pulled from the latest JJP newsletter released earlier today:

458776-i.jpg

Hobbit playfield being clear coated:

Hobbit end of game Match sequence:

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
My biggest concern is the fact it's a widebody, and if that's what is holding the game back from being great no amount of code is going to fix that. Granted I can't see how you would get all of the mech's into this game without it being a widebody though.

D

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Has this shown up at Starburst yet? Last time I talked to them, they said they expected to get one for the showroom this week. No ETA on preorder games yet.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Has this shown up at Starburst yet? Last time I talked to them, they said they expected to get one for the showroom this week. No ETA on preorder games yet.

I have a feeling you will see Ghostbusters in the showroom before Hobbit :)