• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS "Not Mine" Pinball Machines For Sale

fantasygoat

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto, ON
So basically games should be sold for the US dollar amount but in Canadian dollars? I'm just wondering about the rules. If that would happen that would be great, I miss the days of $1,000 Twilight Zones.

Don't get me wrong - seeing, for example, a Getaway going for $3,000 makes me go "ugh" and realize I'm basically priced out of the hobby at this point on games I used to buy and sell all the time, but it's the law of supply and demand. Supply is low, demand is high. You could sell that Getaway for $1,500 but good luck replacing it for that price. Eventually you'll run out of money. We're not living in a vacuum here and very few people are following your example.

So, unless you're only buying and selling games back and forth among your inner circle clique in a closed loop, eventually some games are going to "leak" out at higher prices or across the border and will need to be replaced, and someone in your system is going to have to subsidize it. If people are willing to do that, that's pretty great. It's been my experience that that is a pretty rare occurrence and I applaud anyone willing to "eat the dogfood" as we say in the computer business.

That said if anyone has a nice Getaway for $1,500, I'll take it and promise not to ever sell it, even sign a contract to that effect. I miss the one I used to have.

Reactions: websherpa

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Well I will be fair to the seller. If its in really nice shape as he says it is I will give him full asking, if not then I will point out where it deserves less and offer accordingly. He says he has had it for 6 months and paid a lot more for it.

Yeah you should use the "luch" method of buying a pin.

Step 1. Do you have the original receipt of purchase? No? Well there's $400 off the asking price

Step 2. Is that a small scratch on the side of the cab? Yes? Well there goes another $200

Step 3. It looks like you were handling this Playfield glass with your bare hands. There are finger prints on the glass. And what the hell is that? There are finger prints on the playfield too. Another $300 off

Step 4. What are these tiny white specks at the bottom of the cab?
Seller - "They are just dried up wax that has fallen through the holes of the playfield man".
luch - " no they're not! They are white rat turds from albino rats! Another $300 off

Step 5. At this point the pin is free. But that's not good enough

Step 6. How am I going to get this pin out of here? I don't work for free. You will have to pay me $100 to take this pin out and load it.

Final step complete. You have now been paid $100 for that millionaire you wanted. You're welcome ;)

Last edited:

hey you with the face

Apr 15, 2015
newmarket
So basically games should be sold for the US dollar amount but in Canadian dollars? I'm just wondering about the rules. If that would happen that would be great, I miss the days of $1,000 Twilight Zones.

Don't get me wrong - seeing, for example, a Getaway going for $3,000 makes me go "ugh" and realize I'm basically priced out of the hobby at this point on games I used to buy and sell all the time, but it's the law of supply and demand. Supply is low, demand is high. You could sell that Getaway for $1,500 but good luck replacing it for that price. Eventually you'll run out of money. We're not living in a vacuum here and very few people are following your example.

So, unless you're only buying and selling games back and forth among your inner circle clique in a closed loop, eventually some games are going to "leak" out at higher prices or across the border and will need to be replaced, and someone in your system is going to have to subsidize it. If people are willing to do that, that's pretty great. It's been my experience that that is a pretty rare occurrence and I applaud anyone willing to "eat the dogfood" as we say in the computer business.

That said if anyone has a nice Getaway for $1,500, I'll take it and promise not to ever sell it, even sign a contract to that effect. I miss the one I used to have.
I agree, might be better off paying the increased price rather than paying another 13% to get it back into Canada

SuperPinball

Feb 3, 2015
Richmond Hill
Just an update on that Millionaire in Richmond Hill, it had 3 errors posted, 3rd flipper is practically dead and really filthy. One of the flasher domes is melted and riveted on so not a quick swap. If that is all I would still grab it since its not a big deal but the biggest problem is that it looks like someone set a really hot cup of coffee or something on the playfield that melted the coating and was worn right down to the wood.In theory that can also be fixed but it is in a section of the playfield that had tiny dollar bills that will not be easy to redraw then you need to strip everything down and coat it. In summary too much work and $ was required for this particular title to bear. Seller was very pleasant and thanked me for my honesty. I told him I am not interested but I think $800 is what it is worth to the right person.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
If that is all I would still grab it since its not a big deal but the biggest problem is that it looks like someone set a really hot cup of coffee or something on the playfield that melted the coating and was worn right down to the wood.In theory that can also be fixed but it is in a section of the playfield that had tiny dollar bills that will not be easy to redraw then you need to strip everything down and coat it.

That "coffee cup" wear is common for nearly every Millionaire I've seen. Don't quote me, but I think they used some sort of tool to hold or stabilize the playfield while assembling it that prevented the clear coat and screening to adhere properly. Those ring stains are brutal--right over the million dollar bill and hard to reproduce foil artwork. Too bad the visit didn't work out.

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Unfortunately I do think that prices will go up to match US prices, mainly because I'm sure lots of US buyers will be shopping up here, but also because of how much it would cost to get a machine from other countries now with our low dollar.

I know if I were selling anything I'd have to price it there, mainly because Id be going to buy something else, and any pin I've asked about recently has been priced at its US equivalent or even if I bought a new pin I wouldn't be getting any breaks on the exchange.

Really though prices (or value of the pins) are not going up, but rather our wages are going down due to our dollars devalued buying power. And anything that is easily moved to a location that is willing to pay more (like the US) prices will rise or the item will move to that market.

Once good thing about it is that more pins will be available since guys will be looking to cash in..

Last edited:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Yeah you should use the "luch" method of buying a pin.

Step 1. Do you have the original receipt of purchase? No? Well there's $400 off the asking price

Step 2. Is that a small scratch on the side of the cab? Yes? Well there goes another $200

Step 3. It looks like you were handling this Playfield glass with your bare hands. There are finger prints on the glass. And what the hell is that? There are finger prints on the playfield too. Another $300 off

Step 4. What are these tiny white specks at the bottom of the cab?
Seller - "They are just dried up wax that has fallen through the holes of the playfield man".
luch - " no they're not! They are white rat turds from albino rats! Another $300 off

Step 5. At this point the pin is free. But that's not good enough

Step 6. How am I going to get this pin out of here? I don't work for free. You will have to pay me $100 to take this pin out and load it.

Final step complete. You have now been paid $100 for that millionaire you wanted. You're welcome ;)

Either you are very dense or have very thick skin because I don't think Quarter Grabber was being sarcastic nor complementing you.

Earthshaker - $1750 - Pickering
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/o...ll/1105626693?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Raven - $500 - Oakville
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-oth...ne/1105804559?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Last edited:
Reactions: quarter grabber

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto
I'm not 100% sure but I think the dude with the LAH in Oakville is the same guy I got my Taxi from.

I've seen pics of his LAH and if you decide to buy be prepared to complete a full tear down shop job to make it play like it should. My Taxi was a basket case when I finally got it home and taken apart.

So, buyer beware.

This is the exact issue I have with the ad. Seller demands a firme offer before you get to see it and has already put it a high price. What pisses me off is the waste of time going there to find out its not as the seller states and yet they still want top dollar. I walk away not even making an offer, that way I dont give them satisfaction of saying no. I let them know what I found and just say thanks and walk out the door.

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
That "coffee cup" wear is common for nearly every Millionaire I've seen. Don't quote me, but I think they used some sort of tool to hold or stabilize the playfield while assembling it that prevented the clear coat and screening to adhere properly. Those ring stains are brutal--right over the million dollar bill and hard to reproduce foil artwork. Too bad the visit didn't work out.

Millionaire.jpeg

That came from the factory like that?!! Obviously not the wear to the wood, but the ring in the mylar? I went with SuperPinball to see the Millionaire, and seeing it first hand, I can't imagine that coming out of the factory. It sounds like you are talking about the same thing...

I agree, the seller was decent, honest guy, and wasn't trying to pull one over on anyone.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
View attachment 4695

That came from the factory like that?!! Obviously not the wear to the wood, but the ring in the mylar? I went with SuperPinball to see the Millionaire, and seeing it first hand, I can't imagine that coming out of the factory. It sounds like you are talking about the same thing...

No, didn't come from the factory like that. I'm sure it left the factory looking aces. However, like anything, wear is going to start at the weakest point. Obviously, the tooling weakened the adherence of the paint and clear to the wood, so the wear started there...in a perfect circle.

Reactions: brad808

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
Wow. That's amazing... We're there any other games that are known for having these kind of factory defects?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk