• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Looks like the newest Stern pin is...

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton
Obviously playing will determine how good this is but it looks like that upper pf get boring very quickly. Imagine having to play on the upper pf everytime you hit a ramp shot. No orbit lanes, so all you have is that horseshoe lane under the pf and the ramps but with the possibility of the upper gates opening and the ball orbiting around the upper pf and down the opposite ramp?. If that play video is any indication I am not optimistic.

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
this will fit in real good between Nascar and BBH.

Will wait for Pipers pit premium edition though. Surprised the Spanish announcers table is not beside the ring so you smash your opponent through it.

Shooter rods could be Mr Socko, money in bank briefcase, undertakers urn

Reactions: Menace

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
343273.png

For those interested in more details about the game: Last night I talked to John Trudeau, designer of Stern's WrestleMania game. This resulted in a new free downloadable Pinball Magazine special:

http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=2440

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Just finished reading the interview, game play sounds interesting and sure Gomez had some influence on the symmetry aka fan type layout.

Looks like on the Pro the ramp only orbits one way and LE is both. The LE will feature 4-5 extra legends such as Hogan, Warrior or Andre the Giant. You can also expect custom call outs from Jerry Lawlor and Michael Cole too. Not that I would buy one but do look forward to giving it a whirl.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Metallica pin was decent(could use a code update) but I read that sales floped

Not sure where you read that, but the trends of the machine don't match that assertion. I figured they were selling well enough since they ended up making 3 different premium versions along with the LE going for crazy money.

I think the game is amazing as is

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Didn't Stern have an issue with the LE sales initially because they oversold them?

D

Possibly, but overselling something isn't really a bad thing from a company perspective don't you think? I mean yea piss off customers who don't get their product, but you sold out.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Possibly, but overselling something isn't really a bad thing from a company perspective don't you think? I mean yea piss off customers who don't get their product, but you sold out.

That's what I was getting at... I doubt Stern felt MeT was a sales flop.

D