• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB ToM or TOTAN (TSPP Sold)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Subject says it all folks. Know it's a long shot for one of these titles to come up, but figured what the hell!!

Would be interested in a mint HUO TSPP straight trade for a nice ToM, and of course TSPP + $$ for a nice TOTAN. I've had quite a few offers for the TSPP, but sitting on the fence about selling it outright. So, for the sake of anyone interested in the TSPP in a cash deal, I'd be looking to get $5500.00 firm.

Pics can be seen here. http://tinyurl.com/k63kdoc

Reg

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Re: WTB - ToM

Fun game.. shallow or not.
I've also been looking for one since last Fall too. They don't pop up very often, and the few I have seen have been way overpriced.

Good luck.

A

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

DRANO said:
Fun game.. shallow or not.
I've also been looking for one since last Fall too. They don't pop up very often, and the few I have seen have been way overpriced.

Good luck.

A

I found 4 of them new homes last year ;) TOM is a great game and IDGAF about it being shallow as the shots just flow so well.

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB

Ya, but what have you done for me lately Mr Enabler??? Stop living in the past! :D

Thanks Adriano. Since playing Mike's ToM and TOTAN I'd be happy with either pin. ToM is within my price range now...TOTAN within a month or so. Unless of course, someone bites on my TSPP trade-bait!

Good luck with your hunt too bud!!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Bigbossfan said:
Ya, but what have you done for me lately Mr Enabler??? Stop living in the past! :D

You mean draining you over $6k less then a month ago wasn't enough? :lol:

Hopefully your TSPP will get the attention or generate some other potentially interested trades.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford

I'd be interested in buying tspp if you find someone that just wants a cash deal.

Sent from my Nexus 4

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Congrats on the sale Reg.

TOMs were coming out of the woodwork when I posted a WTB a while back. Of course, everyone wanted stupid money for them, so I passed on at least two decent ones... but I'm surprised you haven't come across any yet. It seems to be a game that people eventually tire of and move. TOTAN, on the other hand, can be very tricky to locate around these parts unless you have deep pockets... and even then...

I have one but it's a project game and won't be in the restoration queue until my Cactus Canyon is done. I looked around for over a year and eventually settled for a decent container game.

Now... have you considered a nice XMLE instead? :lol:

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Thanks Adriano.

Yes, the hunt is on...and it isn't easy! Having a hard time justifying to myself to pay so much for a pin that isn't NIB. Guess this is where the collector side of it comes in!!

Decisions decisions. I have a line on two VERY NICE TOTANs right now. Of course, along with the VERY NICE goes a VERY EXPENSIVE price!! :FP:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Sadly, I think most JPOP games are way overvalued considering how shallow they are. I was able to grab mine off a container for about $5K. It needs some love but is essentially working.
I factored in what it would cost me to do a full blown restoration with restored cab, full brass plating inside and out from Mike Chestnut, new ramps and plastics and so on. I'll be somewhere in the $6500-$6700 range (not counting my labour of course). Most guys want north of $8K these days for what amounts to some very clean routed examples with a bit of bling added.
For that kind of money I'd expect a game with a lot more depth and in top condition. I love TOTAN but it's not what I would call a great value.

Hope you can find one for a reasonable price.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
I passed on one that was being sold on maaca. It was originally Bally Boy aka Dans game. Nice but couldn't justify $8K. Decided to deposit on MMR instead unless I find a minty TAF first...both of those have more staying power I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.