• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB: El Dorado: City of Gold

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Much better game, there is bonus, and bonus X and bonus hold, those three options alone make the game that much more fun to play. Nothing more frustrating then on El Dorado setting up a shot and then having the 5000 target switch on you as a result of a roll over.

I find that the SS versions of EM's are almost always better.

FBC is 100X better then the EM FB.

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Adam, I didn't know about this pin... May want to add me to this list :eek:

I like my Target Alpha, but it's a multiplayer El Dorado layout (good) that lacks what the single player does (bad).

The SS variation brings that extra complexity back. Looks like it would be right at home next to my Congo (or between your Congo and Godzilla).

You play this at MPE??

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Yea played it at MPE, it was for sale as well $1800, but that is way to much for the machine, I'm looking for $1000 - $1500 MAX

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Vengeance said:
Much better game, there is bonus, and bonus X and bonus hold, those three options alone make the game that much more fun to play.

I can see that I guess... but it's the nature of the beast. Wedgheads were just simpler games and (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) but none of them had bonuses or bonus x.
It's sort of like saying that having multiball makes all games before less fun... or DMDs or ramps for that matter.
I don't doubt it's more fun... but you have to admit there is a lot more risk/reward in trying to avoid that rollover when going for the 5000pts :D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
There is no risk vs reward it's an EM, it's called Plunge and Pray.

Pray the light is on the correct target and pray you don't drain due to the randomness of the EM.

DRANO said:
Vengeance said:
Much better game, there is bonus, and bonus X and bonus hold, those three options alone make the game that much more fun to play.

I can see that I guess... but it's the nature of the beast. Wedgheads were just simpler games and (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) but none of them had bonuses or bonus x.
It's sort of like saying that having multiball makes all games before less fun... or DMDs or ramps for that matter.
I don't doubt it's more fun... but you have to admit there is a lot more risk/reward in trying to avoid that rollover when going for the 5000pts :D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
fair enough :)
But with 4 flippers at least you have some options where to make that shot from... hopefully.

woz

May 19, 2013
Canada
I had a really nice EDCOG years ago. Beautiful pf artwork that is extremely detailed. 15 drop targets to bash at but the sound drove me nuts! Good game, but I think they really could have done a lot more with the ruleset - bit blah for a ss game.