• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB -- Champion Pub

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
Wife played one in San Francisco, wife wants one.

I really hope no one has one of these. If you do, I hope you love it and have to keep it.

Need to find another gimmicky machine that is worth less to distract her.

Feel free to help a brother out and start a topic about how bad and over priced Champion Pub is so I can show her that....

...pete

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I owned one and was bored of it after a few days. It is fun I guess for non pin head guests but I found the game gets old pretty fast. I would not recommend if you have a small collection as it is more of a novelty game.

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
It is at top of wife's list at the moment. I am hoping no one has one but I can claim I tried to find one for her. This will last until she plays another gimmicky machine and then wants that one instead. I am hoping there will be something at the Ottawa show that gets her mind off this one.

I agree with your assessment of the machine though.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Neat game to play on the Pin Arcade (I play thru iOS) but when I finally got a chance to play one at both Pinfest and the PHOF this year it really didn't hold up. Good on you for going the extra mile for your wife though!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I found the game very stop and go and you can see even in this PAPA game play video the player didn't know what else to do by the 40 minute mark except to start another fight and bash the boxer again.

http://vimeo.com/36491019

I just wanted to add last year I couldn't make a penny off my Champion Pub at $2500 so I found a sucker errr... I mean friend, Brock who enjoyed it for a few weeks, crossed it off his list and he couldn't give the damn game away and took longer to find a buyer.

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
Too bad (well actually good for me) that the wife had not played this game until after it left the PBR universe.

Next time you have a boring but gimmicky game you can't unload that is reasonably priced I could be the right person. She loves gimmicky games and shamefully so do I to a certain extent.

...pete