• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WNBJM

Shock_me

Nov 16, 2012
Bathurst, N.B.
Has anyone here bought this game yet? I've been intrigued with its simplicity and attractiveness for a while now and would like to add one to the collection, but they're not going cheap at Starburst! Just curious to see what the owners, if any, are saying about the game.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I would love this game. The art is great and I love the EM feel.
The sticker price however makes it more of a collectible than anything else.

Hard to justify when you can get a really nice used DMD for the same price... or multiple early ss games.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
WNBJM IMO put the pinball scene back about 30 years.

Not only is it a crappy game, but theme is awful. The theme like the gameplay is from an era long past and no longer appropriate in modern society. I didn't think much of it when it was just a garage product from two fossils of the industry, I likened it to my grandpa who still said the "N" word

But once Stern mass produced it became unacceptable. How can we expect the opposite gender to feel comfortable in the pinball scene when crap like WNBJM is still being produced, marketed and sold like these is nothing wrong with it.

I know the first argument you are going to make against this is that this type of sexism and objectification exist everywhere and it isn't anything new to pinabll. My counter to that is that this hasn't been prevalent in pinball in the last 10 - 20 years and it isn't like this a playboy theme. I'm not going to walk into a forum for Maxium and bitch about sexism and objectification because context matters. A playboy theme pinball, scantily clad women all over the place fits in with the context and theme, this does not and that is why it crosses the line.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I personally love the fruit crate inspired art. There are certainly plenty of other machines that are mature themed or have translighrs available.
Game play will be the make or break.

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
I played the game at Allentown last year, and my opinion was that it's not really any different than any other EM pin, other than that it's brand new.

You can find damn near perfect condition EM's out there for a fraction of the cost, so I can't figure out why someone would pay $8,800 for it, and that was from US prices almost a year ago! Just my opinion, and if someone really loves it, I don't fault them for buying it.

scylla

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON
I can't stand the art and will never have this pin in my home (yes - I'm playing my wife card). Having said that, I appreciate the fact that time was actually taken to create an actual art package (even if I hate it). What offends me is seeing new pins churned out with art that looks like it was put together in half an hour to meet a deadline - like the complete clip art playfield fail that is GOT. Now that's offensive.

As for women on EMs - my vote goes to Centigrade 37. I would let that into my basement all day every day.