• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Whats a Multimorphic?

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
There are currently 5 modules, 5 extra games, and another 5 games from 3rd parties. Some of those require specific game modules.

The biggest hurdle right now (as with all manufacturers) is producing the P3 base platform. They were already 6-8 months behind and now have opened the floodgates with orders. I was in early within first 40 orders (not all have ordered the platform) but I doubt I will see my game before 2023.

Some folks on Pinside have P3 orders in since Sept 2021 and they aren't even in production yet.

I sincerely hope they prove me wrong!

Last edited:

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
Would probably defeat the purpose of P3 in the first place, but wondering if the bigger players (Stern, JJ, AP to some extent) could have picked up on those innovations by now. These manufacturers certainly have the capacity to produce even more modules/extra games.

Very interesting concept, but production limitations may just prevent this to ramp up at the end..

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Very interesting concept, but production limitations may just prevent this to ramp up at the end..
Or the success of this first licensed theme may actually give them enough sales to consider expansion of the production facility/workforce.

Bowen Kerins mentioned somewhere that the next game/module will blow Weird Al out of the water in terms of design/game play. That's pretty exciting considering how Weird Al blows everything else they did out of the water already!

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
Bowen Kerins mentioned somewhere that the next game/module will blow Weird Al out of the water in terms of design/game play.
Well, on that note, Weird Al Yankovic as a theme just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid, lol. I do remember his fun vids makeovers, but that's about it!

If Multimorphic were to make a game based on bigger licenses/themes (such as BTTF, Nintendo, classic arcade games such as DK, Venom, etc., yeah I definitely would see this as a home run. There's seems to be an ability for users to customize, though it would probably be limited to specific in game characters, designs, etc.

The only thing I kind of wish they would offer is a more generic cabinet artwork to better fit with all the games..

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Well, on that note, Weird Al Yankovic as a theme just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid, lol. I do remember his fun vids makeovers, but that's about it!

If Multimorphic were to make a game based on bigger licenses/themes (such as BTTF, Nintendo, classic arcade games such as DK, Venom, etc., yeah I definitely would see this as a home run. There's seems to be an ability for users to customize, though it would probably be limited to specific in game characters, designs, etc.

The only thing I kind of wish they would offer is a more generic cabinet artwork to better fit with all the games..
They do offer generic artwork. In fact, if you want game specific artwork(plastics, apron, cab) you have to buy it separately.

Reactions: Saltimbanco

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
They do offer generic artwork. In fact, if you want game specific artwork(plastics, apron, cab) you have to buy it separately.
Indeed, paid the site a visit and the cabinet artwork designed by Jackson Gee would do just fine. A bit 'Tron' like, which, now that I'm thinking about it, would be such a great theme for that P3 platform. Just looking at that Cosmic Cart Racing pinball, it would have been awesome with light cycles races, Discs of Tron gameplay and some Daft Punk music..!

I may not really go for the current line of themes, but those games do look damn fun anyway, which should be the important thing here.!