• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

What to do...

jets

May 16, 2014
Vaughan
Hello to all been reading here and there and last year bought a few pins. I currently have HSII, AFM and SWE1 all in amazing shape. Got rid of TAF and looking to swap my SWE1 for something else like a TF or ST machine. I have an opportunity to snag a TF LE signed but not sure what they should be going for at this point. I've played both TF and ST are fun and I think ST seems cooler but I don't know.

Anyways just thought I'd say hi and try and get some insight. Really cool to have a board with some local people. Maybe I could make it out to an event some time.

Cheers

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Welcome to the board and where were you when I was on the hunt for a TAF?

Not that it really matters but who is the TFLE signed by? I don't think it adds any value whatsoever to the game and if the seller thinks otherwise then his asking price is probably like the guy trying to sell his Sopranos on kijiji :p I think TF is a fun game with lots of fast shots, it's just too bad this game never got to see it's full potential because the theme has so much to offer. I know recently a HUO TFLE sold locally for around $5300. If you haven't spent much time or know much about TFLE you should watch Chris Bucci's detailed three part unboxing and review videos here.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qk8gdCa7Y4[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yCdEzHgDFA[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GKYwBTGOCg[/youtube]

I've played ST before and it is a very fast game too and due for a code update soon with the Karl Urban custom speech pack. It's too bad Lyman isn't the main coder for this game and can't really comment how the current code is but I'm sure Steve Ritchie will see that his game gets done justice. I know where you can get a HUO ST Pro too in the similar price range (wink, wink tkaye).

You considering any other titles besides these two? You might want something that may contrast your two existing games with a bit more stop and go like a TSPP or LOTR?

jets

May 16, 2014
Vaughan
I'll check them out. George Gomez the designer signed it. Only 125 of both autobot and decepticon got signed

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
jets said:
I'll check them out. George Gomez the designer signed it. Only 125 of both autobot and decepticon got signed

I would make a trip out to SB and put some time on both to decide which you like better. SB usually has 4-5 TFLE's scattered in their showrooms :lol:

jets

May 16, 2014
Vaughan
Buddy with the tfle will take it on trade plus 4k from me. I think swe1 is a tough sell even the great shape it's in. STLE haven't found one fs yet. Sorry typing in my little phone is a PITA

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
jets said:
Buddy with the tfle will take it on trade plus 4k from me. I think swe1 is a tough sell even the great shape it's in. STLE haven't found one fs yet. Sorry typing in my little phone is a PITA

Wow, plus $4k on your end? He must really think George Gomez's signature is gold and you can easily get more then $1k for your SWE1 :FP:
Anything is a tough sell if you over value it as you can see all the SWE1 listed and relisted for months on kijiji for $3000-4200. Is buddy the retailer on 120 Woodstream Blvd in Woodbridge?

Why don't you post up some pics and price of your game here and see if someone will buy it. I know tkaye (aka Todd) isn't look for a SWE1 but I know he has a nice HUO ST Pro and a great guy to deal with.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2610

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
That's a pretty amazing lineup if you've just gotten into this over the last year. AFM is pretty hard to come by.

If you want to come out to an event- the TOPL playoffs are next weekend, and there's both a TFLE and STLE there (as well as tons of other games) if you want to have another look at them.

jets

May 16, 2014
Vaughan
That would be amazing I'd love to meet people into pinball and learn some techniques etc. I'm going to try and come out!

Thanks I tend to not mess around when I get into something I like. Once I got into a house with room for these machines I already knew what I was after. I got AFM pretty much upgraded to the nines with leds and kits new like playfield got real lucky. HS2 I used to cut school and play all the time so I got it off FUN in texas and had it shipped. Paid a bit more but it is perfect too. The guys who had both these machines really poured a lot of time and money into them. SW is not for me but I got it at a steal and it's mint too.