• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

What is a Rockabally

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
So not sure if anyone saw my kijiji ad last week or two wanting to get some people interested in pins in the simcoe county area together either for discussion on a league or group. i was hoping for preliminary discussion and meeting for those interested as well as an opportunity to share the "love" of pinball to new/existing/reminiscent pinballers.

What sort of evolved with going forward became Rockabally. My girlfriend and i had kicked around some ideas and when we started thinking live band and talking to the musician after seeing the pins he was thinking of a rockabilly/seventies direction for the music to be played.... so Rockabally came to be.

the concept or organized event got its own webpage albiet quickly and this is the event we came up with

www.rockabally.com

Sooo anyways we had via kijiji and friends and such about 40-50 saying they were coming. i put the brakes on advertising , didnt post on any of the pinhead sites i was worried too many would show and the like and didnt want things to get out of hand. with special thanks to Ted Pepper and Dave Astill, i went about getting a number of machines tweeked, repaired , fine tuned. Ted showed up on the one day around 8 and i think he finished up the 6th machine and we looked at the clock and it was 11:50 so we took a lunch

perhaps the marketing wasnt clear, perhaps it was too ambiguous. i did have about 10 response expressing interest in starting a group .

We opened at 12 and sat and cleaned and sat. Then the day started to unfold more or less in two parts.

I met Al/amona that came and he proceeded to want to tackle the Skylab now made infamous by tims blog which i bought about a month ago and didnt even set up till the day before. it is now working normally.. a couple of tweaks to do the 10s unit is sticking and a couple of light bonus wires need to be soldered.(ill probably review that blog right after this. Thank you very much Al!

Ted Pepper/Novaguy and Bruce Brigham and their wives showed up and so the pinballers kinda were around till 7 or so. Great interaction.

The evening was fast approaching and band came in and set up... we really had no idea how many were going to come and in the end not many... we had about 12 people show up for the band and evening. with that said though.... everyone was right into pinballin(if that is the proper colloquial expression) and the band was amazing .. with all sincerity i can say it was one of the best nights i have had in quite some time... and if the truth be known i have on occasion in the past had some very very good nights.

here is a taste of how the evening transpired.

Anyways we are planning on doing another one within a month or so, im waiting for word on booking the band.
not sure what ill do different other than not put the brakes on my girlfriends promotional skills.

any suggestions comments or criticisms appreciated!