• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Wanted to... Borrow? 3/32" Slot Cutting Router Bit

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
This is kind of a shot in the dark... but I've been waiting on a 3/32" Slot cutting router bit to show up from China for ages... with the impending postal strike coming up I'm afraid I may not get it for a while. Anyone in the west end of the GTA happen to have a 3/32" Slot Cutting router bit?

I'd really like to finish up my cabinet I'm making for my virtual pinball project and was hoping someone here may have one they would lend me for two cuts. The bit is to route the channel for the playfield glass plastic channel. I'll bring it right back :)

Edit: Found one for a good price at Rona! If anyone needs one for their routing needs let me know :)

Last edited:

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Is that the same bit as you use for T-molding? I remember looking for one locally when I built my MAME, and having a really hard time tracking one down. Ended up having to order online, and now I'm not sure where it ended up. Might still be at my Dad's place, since I borrowed his router to cut it. Anyway, glad you found one-maybe local selection is getting better now?

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I thought I had read T-Moulding used 1/16 which would be a hair narrower than this one I guess, though I'd think 3/32 should work too. I did my two cuts this morning and this blade cut through the plywood like a knife through butter, I was very pleased, I paid $22+tax, which from anything I could find online and shipped out North America was a real steal. Lee Valley makes one and has a good selection, but you need to buy the shank as well as the blade and it'll run you close to $50 and then busy bee tools has a nice set that has a 3/32 as well as a 1/16 for $66.50 http://www.busybeetools.com/products/router-bit-slot-cutter-set-7pc-r932.html but there is no location terribly close to me and really is more kit than I need.