• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB TSPP Backglass key

curlyhoward

Sep 11, 2017
Toronto
Hi Everyone,

I know that this is unlikely, but would anyone in the GTA happen to have a spare TSPP backglass key that they would be willing to part with? Willing to pay a small fee. Thanks.

Tim

curlyhoward

Sep 11, 2017
Toronto
not sure another key will work ? i think stern changed keys with each game

I tried my keys from both my SM and LOTR and neither worked. I should have just kept them inside the coin box door like everyone else does.

I lifted the playfield and looked everywhere inside the cabinet as well. I even tried contacting Player One hoping that they could provide a new set.

curlyhoward

Sep 11, 2017
Toronto
can you read the number on the lock , can look and see if i have a match

Unlike my other Stern pins where the number is on the face of the lock, my Simpsons doesn't appear to have any number on it. The lock is black as opposed to the metal look of the other sterns that I have. Here is a pic of the lock

Attachments

• TSPP lock.jpg
    TSPP lock.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 8

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
ok well unless you find it , you will have to unscrew the lock and replace it , i don't think you have locked the key inside the backbox , because you can't lock it without the key , the screws are security style type , where are you in toronto ? also does your coin door key fit into the back box key way , if yes i might be able to figure out some thing for you

Last edited:

curlyhoward

Sep 11, 2017
Toronto
Thanks for the reply luch. Last night, I unscrewed two of the four screws but, for the life of me, couldn't get the last two off (the screws closest to the actual backglass). The main problem with doing this is the setup of pins in my small basement room. I have three pins literally side by side, with my Simpsons being closest to a wall, so I have to reach over from the front of the pin and try to unscrew it with one hand. Haven't been able to do this yet. If I try to pull the pin out, I can only pull it out so far and I would probably have issues getting it back to where it was.
It's hard to describe but the room is small and everything is a bit tight.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
Thanks for the reply luch. Last night, I unscrewed two of the four screws but, for the life of me, couldn't get the last two off (the screws closest to the actual backglass). The main problem with doing this is the setup of pins in my small basement room. I have three pins literally side by side, with my Simpsons being closest to a wall, so I have to reach over from the front of the pin and try to unscrew it with one hand. Haven't been able to do this yet. If I try to pull the pin out, I can only pull it out so far and I would probably have issues getting it back to where it was.
It's hard to describe but the room is small and everything is a bit tight.
are you using the security sockets bits to get the screws out