• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Tron LE Playfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Re: Tron LE Playfield

Hey Ryan,
I thought the LE playfield was identical to the pro except for more clearcoat and maybe a signature?
Sure, the drop targets are different from the standup, but the hole size is likely the same isn't it?

I'd love to know what the variations are.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa

DRANO said:
Hey Ryan,
I thought the LE playfield was identical to the pro except for more clearcoat and maybe a signature?
Sure, the drop targets are different from the standup, but the hole size is likely the same isn't it?

I'd love to know what the variations are.

I was told The harness set up is completely different and I would have to drill a bunch of holes on the bottom of the playfield to accommodate the Pro harness. Also the drop target area is too big/wide for the stand ups and has extra holes for the rubber in a different place. Also there are additional recognizer inserts on the LE that light up that the pro doesn't have.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

There's also a silver layer around the inserts

Man, I'd be keeping the LE playfield if I were you, Ryan. Stern normally doesn't let their LE parts available to the public so what you've got there is pretty effin' rare

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa

REVOLUTION said:
There's also a silver layer around the inserts

Man, I'd be keeping the LE playfield if I were you, Ryan. Stern normally doesn't let their LE parts available to the public so what you've got there is pretty effin' rare

What would I do with it though? It's pretty useless to me, just wall art really.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough

I believe that Adriano and Brock are indicating that with an LE playfield, you could consider upgrading your pro...
Might be tricky and time consuming, but you have the most important, most expensive component in your hands to do so.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

Yea, you could install the LE PF, install the LE code, put in the drops and make an LE Tron, #251

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

Or you could just swap the two PF's and call it a day, there's nothing physically different between the two. You'd have a pro game with the silver insert rings.. a one of a kind!

Is this PF signed by Borg?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

REVOLUTION said:
Or you could just swap the two PF's and call it a day, there's nothing physically different between the two. You'd have a pro game with the silver insert rings.. a one of a kind!

Is this PF signed by Borg?

Sounds like there are some differences according to Ryan's earlier post, but most of them are on the back-side with the exception of the drop target cut-outs.
I guess I'd rather have the pro in that case as well. Lots of work to swap though :(

May I ask why they sent you a replacement? What happened to your original?
I also had to have my TRON playfield swapped but they sent me a fully populated one that was much more plug&play. I had to send back the original... but not before swapping out my (much more quiet) disc motor assembly :)

The large TRON insert in front of my standup targets was already loose and raising from factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.