• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TILT!Audio

necro_nemesis

Nov 20, 2012
Newmarket, Ontario. Canada
Go from this to this takes ~ 10 minutes. Sound already is much less muddy sounding with just speakers but the board and high definition samples makes it far better again... The wirings are still mono for now. Then 2.1 with the board installed.

Attachments

• IMG_20220119_165200.jpg
    IMG_20220119_165200.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220119_171245.jpg
    IMG_20220119_171245.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 7

necro_nemesis

Nov 20, 2012
I'm putting it out there looking at opinions on lower cab speaker selection. Impedance matching aside I'm trying to figure out what is optimal for the application. The first thing that I would think is mid and high frequency sounds are far more directional than base so a woofer would be the best option since the speaker points at your toes, but then looking at subs that are constructed with massive permanent magnets and thick cone suspension in order to be driven hard and produce extremely low frequency sound and vibration it seems to come at the cost of efficiency. I'm not sure sub sonic vibration is what the main objective is here. My experience with old jukeboxes using full range speakers driven by a mere 16 watts indicate that power is not always equivalent to performance and speaker efficiency can't be underestimated.

My thoughts are a more modest full range speakers is going to be a better fit for this application as it isn't attempting to dampen vibration associated with sub sonic frequencies I'm likely not looking to prioritize. I also want to make use of the modest power available without installing some high powered amplifier just to overcome inefficiency to obtain something I'm not aiming for in the first place.

Locutus

Feb 1, 2019
Richmond Hill
Thanks for the post. I was looking at this for my TZ.
Is the guitar music your custom mix? Are there different options, or is it up to you to create the soundtrack?

necro_nemesis

Nov 20, 2012
Not my custom mix. The whole profile is from Altsound but did a bunch of sound balancing and ducking settings. A couple files I edited in Tilt!Audio editor. The web GUI lets you sit at your computer and play with the sounds and you can play them back on the desktop or the machine to hear the results as you edit. I may be overly fussy but I don't know how you could properly master without this real time playback feature playing on the actual hardware. For example there was one for loading the gumball that had a length of the main theme at the end. It when it was going into powerball it would play this chunk of Golden Earing then the powerball theme which was odd so I clipped it at the end of the gumball load effect.

I will save my sound profiles since I convert them to wav and tweak them extensively to give the game the same feel as the original tracks but with all new tracks. The only thing that was a carry over from the original sounds seems to be Rod's voice. Maybe the robot calls too. The rest is all entirely rewritten and recorded in a high sample rate and stereo 2.1. My phone recording of it on YouTube sounds like absolute crap compared to being at the machine or over Bluetooth headset. Once it's all done and the profile folder is saved everything is preserved and you basically fire up the game like any other game. If you're lucky someone like me has already gone through tweaking it on an actual machine and you just need the folder to add to the sound folder and you're done.

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
A little question about Tilt Audio: Can we change the sound options other than through WiFi ?
By connecting it direct to the lap top with the mini USB connection.?
Thanks.

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
I had lots of trouble knowing how to......there is no detailed information no where on internet, no videos either on how to access the page to adjust sounds but with a little help from the seller and my son to explain what the seller meant by his different messages, I finally got to open the page to adjust sounds. Woohoo! now let's have fun.......
icon_smile.gif

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
I think I'll make a video of how to access sounds with a computer for Tilt Audio for dummies like me, we dummies, have to/need to support each other. ;) :)

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
What the......... I just turned the game on and now Tilt Audio is not WPC anymore, but Data East, What happened between yesterday and today?????
I only adjusted a few sounds yesterday, played a game or 2 afterwards and everthing worked great.
Now nothing works because Tilt Audio switched from WPC to Data East for no apparent reason.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Not to derail the thread but..

While I get the allure of spending less (Tilt vs. Pinsound) I find that the cheap DYI stuff takes so much time and effort - and support is limited. I'd rather pay a bit more for something that just works.

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
I got some help from a friend how knows a little more about Tilt Audio and my SD card was corrupted, he made me another one and now I'm good to go/play.

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
For those who have Tilt Audio and want to make "sound adjustements" beware, twice I've made the same mistake and twice I corrupted my SD card, never adjust sound and play a game after while the GUI is on, this will courrupt your SD card. :(

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
OK, update.......
My fault, my fault, my fault all the way....... I went and adjusted the sounds at my liking and then I would turn the game off, delete the GUI and that's where I went wrong because I would bug my mcro SD card doing it that way, now I make the adjutements and go to the configuration page and click "save" and then "restart" , wait a minute or 2, play a game or 2 and then turn the the game off and everything goes nice and smooth, no trouble what so ever afterwards.
On another note, if there were (I don't say "more" because there is about nothing on the net) instructions for Tilt Audio on how to proceed to make changes maybe more people would be willing to buy the boards, it's easy when you know how, but everything is always very hard when you don't know how to proceed.....

Reactions: Paul

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
which part of the tilt audio is the amplifier?
I heard that if you put a subwoofer speaker too powerfull for the amp, it could blow the amp, did anyone ever have trouble with this?
I'm a little scared of adding a subwoofer speaker in the cabinet because of this.
Thanks.