• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Mandalorian

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
All good. I was just pulling your leg. We do play a lot. :)

Also folks using low "games played" numbers as a selling point is crazy. I ignore that completely. It gets reset with code upgrades and battery changes, not counting the fact that anyone can reset that number any time they want. Imagine if folks could reset the odometer on a car with only the press of a button.. Do you really think they wouldn't in order to get more money for their used car? Would you take their word for it that it was never ever reset?

With Spike system and up, you cann't reset the total plays. So even with code updates, the audits shows the total plays. Even shows number of "paid plays" which is a great way to verify a game is HUO.

Reactions: Ponzie

zod

May 29, 2013
Toronto
I hope the Pro doesn't have that giant Baby Yoda or any kind of upper PF. I doubt it will and that will be the model for me, I like it.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
It looks...ok? Not sure about the rotating upper PF, and the magnet "feature" sounds kind of lame, but it's a good show, and I think the LE looks really nice with the "beskar" armor. First impression based off a couple of pictures is better layout than Zeppelin, but not as good as AIQ? Still looking forward to playing it, but not going to buy one sight unseen. Also weird that the Grogu toy doesn't do anything, so you're giving over that whole back corner to something static.

I'll bet the LEs are sold out anyway though.

GhostedPINBALL

Jan 10, 2021
SW Ontario
There is an official look at the game from Stern now online and a YouTube talking about what's not included in the Pro model. FYI-Baby Yoda is on the Pro version, but not Baby Yoda magnet and no tilting mini upper Playfield in the upper right corner on the pro and the static play area in the right corner only has one flipper VRS the tilting mini playfield with two flippers on the Premium/LE machines, among other things like no invisi-glass and no shaker on the pro. Plastic ramps on Pro VRS chrome habbit-trails on Premium/LE. Also no horse shoe ramp/loop on the Pro. Check out YouTube for more info. Do like the look and colours on the playfield.

Last edited:

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
Don't think the mini playfield brings a lot to the game. Then that Grogu toy doesn't do squat - it's odd that nobody at Stern would have picked up on both those things.

Don't they test the games with some focus group? I'm a big Star wars fan and still quite the pinball noob (not having played that many games yet), but spending a couple of minutes with that pinball, I would have easily picked up those shortcomings. And, again, I consider myself a pinball noob!

Work out those issues during the design phase, then it's a superb game right out of the gate.

Those misses won't stop me from wanting to play it and probably get one at some point, but it would have been so easy to fix.