• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Swapmeet/2 Tournaments/Openhouse Aug 6th in Mississauga!

Mike Hanley

Apr 9, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
It's back, baby! Bigger than ever!

The Church of the Silver Ball is hosting our 4th ever Swapmeet in co-operation with Maple Pinball who will hold an open house and two tournaments Saturday August 6th in Mississauga!!!

We were just about ready to announce our 4th Swapmeet and then the pandemic hit. :-( So 2 years later, we're raring to go.

The date: Aug 6th
The Place: 245 Matheson Blvd. East, unit 14
The time: 8:00 am till sundown.

The Church of the Silver Ball's 4th and hopefully Last Swap meet is going to be our biggest yet! Everything must go! This is our final event.. We are selling off everything! Make an offer!

There will be project pinballs, shuffle alleys, Ball bowlers, tonnes of parts, backglasses, heads, bodies, test fixtures, manuals, legs, pop machines, and flyers galore.

Check out Maple's incredible lineup of games from the 1970's until 2022, including Gozilla and Rush!

We have Sean McQuade, Nick Angel and Eddie D'Orazio already set for the vendor area.

Other Vendors welcome. If you want to bring stuff to sell, it's the same as in past years. There is no charge for the space, but you must contact us before in order to reserve your spot. No tent this time, bring your own easy up tent.

Some of the projects, subject to change:
Williams Grid iron pitch n bat (2 of them)
Bally Nip it
Bally USA 1950's woodrail
Gottlieb Rotopool sample game with different artwork on playfield.
Chicago coin Prestige shuffle Alley
ICE Flintstones
Bally Turf King 1 Ball
Gottlieb system 80 test fixture
1950s United shuffle alley
2 Sirmo Belgian solid state Bingos
Bally night club bingo
Bally carnival Queen Bingo
Genco 3 feathers woodrail
Interflip Dragon (4 of them)
Coleco Cosmic home pinball
Williams Kickapoo shuffle alley with a skeeball head
Bally Wizard with a 45 year old NOS backglass
Seeburg hideaway jukebox and wallboxes
Backglasses!
barber's chair
pop machines
Ball bowlers
Shuffle alleys
1960's mechanical cash register
More!!!!

if you have any questions, please email thechurchofthesilverball@hotmail.com

thanks and see you there!

Mike Hanley

Apr 9, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Eddie asked me to add this:

pinballlleds.ca will be present. Pre orders can be done with 10 % off all orders and no tax. Lockdown bars Stern in back for $45 each, Rubber feet set of 4 $10, leg protectors set of 4 $13, left right cup holders $18 each.
Set of 4 William Bally legs $90 chrome, $70 black.

Don't miss his Pre-order offer!

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Nick and I hosted the Toronto Pinball and Gameroom Show in 2010 at the International Centre. It was so much work. We had 100 games there. Our good friend Jerry Power was on hand with a bunch. It was a blast!

Sounds awesome and yes - it's a lot of work I'm sure. Seeing Yegpin this week, it's unfortunate Toronto doesn't have a show.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Yegpin looks amazing. It is unfortunate. I know halls large enough to provide enough space AND power were so expensive.
I think you almost have to do it out of the GTA unless you can find a place that needs the business. What kind of cost would you need to keep it under?

Mike Hanley

Apr 9, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
I think you almost have to do it out of the GTA unless you can find a place that needs the business. What kind of cost would you need to keep it under?
It's several factors:
Space, we had 15000 last time.we need 3000 to 5000

Power. 100 games require 20 to 25 15amp circuits. Nothing worse than power issues.

Food. If no food, people leave

Volunteers to bring games. Of the 100 last time, Nick brought 30, I brought 30 the rest were Volunteers.

Advertising. We spent $$$ to get it on radio and TV. We also paid for a great website, which is still up. Lol. www.torontoponballshow.com

And the hours. It was a full time job for 3 months.

Jerry at player1 was there as startburst, cointaker was there too.

I'd love to do it again, but no time right now.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
It's several factors:
Space, we had 15000 last time.we need 3000 to 5000

Power. 100 games require 20 to 25 15amp circuits. Nothing worse than power issues.

Food. If no food, people leave

Volunteers to bring games. Of the 100 last time, Nick brought 30, I brought 30 the rest were Volunteers.

Advertising. We spent $$$ to get it on radio and TV. We also paid for a great website, which is still up. Lol. www.torontoponballshow.com

And the hours. It was a full time job for 3 months.

Jerry at player1 was there as startburst, cointaker was there too.

I'd love to do it again, but no time right now.
I get the time for sure. I can only imagine. If you ever decide to fire it all up again I'd be happy to help out where I can.

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
Id be in......sure wouldn't be the first time setting up a bunch of machines.
And my inner Sgt Major ensures they are all lined up perfectly.

Reactions: kool1

Fleetwood mIkea

Sep 13, 2017
Milton

pinballlleds.ca will be present. Pre orders can be done with 10 % off all orders and no tax. Lockdown bars Stern in back for $45 each, Rubber feet set of 4 $10, leg protectors set of 4 $13, left right cup holders $18 each.

Looking to put in a pre-order for pickup. I tried going through the web site but no mention of discounts etc. do we just contact Eddie directly?

cuebert

Sep 7, 2018
Smithville

Sorry, what's the best way to do a preorder?