• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FOUND Stern Pro recent

RoyalPinball

Apr 2, 2022
London
There is a very nice GOTG Pro for sale here on PinRev. It doesn’t get better than that game if your looking for an amazing game.

Goldfinger88

Oct 22, 2020
Kanata
Hello,

It has 4900 plays on it, I have attached some photos. It looks great and plays well. If you want to com see it in person let me know. I’d also be looking to trade for a newer eastern if that was of any interest to you.

Thanks,

Jon

Attachments

• 72426565489__F52EC11A-9A0B-4EB2-9E71-7DA595C6285B.jpeg
    72426565489__F52EC11A-9A0B-4EB2-9E71-7DA595C6285B.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5271.jpeg
    IMG_5271.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5270.jpeg
    IMG_5270.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5269.jpeg
    IMG_5269.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5266.jpeg
    IMG_5266.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5268.jpeg
    IMG_5268.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5267.jpeg
    IMG_5267.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5272.jpeg
    IMG_5272.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: cdn-pinballer

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
May I suggest actually looking at the game? Basing your opinion on number of plays is definitely a way to tell everyone you're a NOOB without saying it. Personally that's a red flag and someone I likely don't want to deal with. I get it. You're trying to sound informed by asking number of plays but it has the reverse effect. You come across as a newish collector/tire kicker who likely doesn't know what they are talking about - no offense intended. It's not YOU specifically, but anyone who uses the number of plays as some sort of wear/usage gauge without even looking at the game really shows their misunderstanding of pinball in general.

BTW Number of plays are only relevant on modern games as older ones can be reset easily. However, they can be hacked and reset on Spike 2 as well. In the end number of plays don't matter. Physical condition is what matters. This is not mileage like on a car. 4000 x 1 or 2 min games is much less "mileage" than 500 x 30 min games. You should only base value on physical wear or lack thereof.

cdn-pinballer

Jan 9, 2020
Ottawa, ON
May I suggest actually looking at the game? Basing your opinion on number of plays is definitely a way to tell everyone you're a NOOB without saying it. Personally that's a red flag and someone I likely don't want to deal with. I get it. You're trying to sound informed by asking number of plays but it has the reverse effect. You come across as a newish collector/tire kicker who likely doesn't know what they are talking about - no offense intended. It's not YOU specifically, but anyone who uses the number of plays as some sort of wear/usage gauge without even looking at the game really shows their misunderstanding of pinball in general.

BTW Number of plays are only relevant on modern games as older ones can be reset easily. However, they can be hacked and reset on Spike 2 as well. In the end number of plays don't matter. Physical condition is what matters. This is not mileage like on a car. 4000 x 1 or 2 min games is much less "mileage" than 500 x 30 min games. You should only base value on physical wear or lack thereof.
I am a somewhat new collector but not a tire kicker. I was just looking for a bit more information to get a general idea of how much the game has been played. Not looking to start any sort of confrontation whatsoever and appreciate the clarification. I wasn't aware that you can hack / reset Spike 2 number of plays so that is good info as well.

Hope you don't hold one simple question against me should we ever cross paths in a deal in the future. Many folks on this forum in Ottawa know who I am and can likely vouch for me. And I know we both have mutual friends / acquaintances on this forum and IRL.

Reactions: Padre and Bytor777

Bytor777

Feb 23, 2019
toronto
Mr pinballer don't worry about him. He's been known to jump on a lot of people and calling out "noobs". You're doing your due diligence and that many plays is a lot no matter the condition. It might even have been routed. Stern is very smart putting this feature in counting plays because whether we like it or not; it devalues our games and Stern will love to sell you a new one. Trying to resell a game with thousands of plays on the open market will not get top dollar. That's a fact.
Also we don't need "experts in the clique" on this site calling out newer collectors.

Murphelman

Jul 19, 2017
Ottawa
www.twitch.tv

Restarts are also counted as full games too. If you play 1 ball and restart it will count as a game played.

I know personally I am terrible and restart all the time.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Dont worry Gary I wouldn't want 5000 plays either .milkman needs some midol
It's a polarizing subject. I have PMs totally agreeing with me but nobody wants to get shit on like me so they say nothing in public. All good.

I was just making a point that the person looking for a game should at least have a look at it to see the condition before dismissing it based on something as ridiculous as how many times the start button was pressed. It's not representative of number of balls played or how much wear is on the game. It *CAN* be but it's not automatic.

It's a recent phenomena in any case since game plays were reset all the time before Spike 2 and/or JJP & others running Linux. The noob thing comes from thinking 4000 games is a lot. Older games with mechanical counters often have 20-30-40k plays. 4k only seems like a lot when you don't know any better.

In the end it's a personal choice. If a buyer wants to limit themselves because of the number of plays then that's fine. When/if I sell games I certainly don't give a discount or jack up the price based on number of games started lol. I price my games according to condition and they typically sell damn quick (priced right). I'll let my record speak for itself. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: cdn-pinballer

cdn-pinballer

Jan 9, 2020
Ottawa, ON
It's a polarizing subject. I have PMs totally agreeing with me but nobody wants to get shit on like me so they say nothing in public. All good.

I was just making a point that the person looking for a game should at least have a look at it to see the condition before dismissing it based on something as ridiculous as how many times the start button was pressed. It's not representative of number of balls played or how much wear is on the game. It *CAN* be but it's not automatic.

It's a recent phenomena in any case since game plays were reset all the time before Spike 2 and/or JJP & others running Linux. The noob thing comes from thinking 4000 games is a lot. Older games with mechanical counters often have 20-30-40k plays. 4k only seems like a lot when you don't know any better.

In the end it's a personal choice. If a buyer wants to limit themselves because of the number of plays then that's fine. When/if I sell games I certainly don't give a discount or jack up the price based on number of games started lol. I price my games according to condition and they typically sell damn quick (priced right). I'll let my record speak for itself. ;)
No hard feelings here. I don’t disagree that if I was serious about the game I 100% would have gone to look at it in person before making any decisions. But I also didn’t want to waste Jon’s time so I passed based on number of plays, but I also passed because I wasn’t dead set on obtaining a JP for my collection at this point in time.

The $8700 for a JP pro with that many plays is a great deal and if Jon was to list it for sale and market it I am sure it would not last long.

I have a game with 98,000 plays on the counter and it’s in better shape than some of my games with 20,000 plays. It all comes down to how the game has been maintained / stored / routed / many other factors.

It’s all good MrMikeman, I hope to meet you in person one day as I am sure our paths will cross at some point living in the same city with mutual friends.

Reactions: Bytor777