• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern Jaws

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Premium looks fantastic - Pro looks as good as GZ Pro IMO
Doesn't look like there's a feature matrix up, but pro seems to be missing upper PF, and the shark bash toy and boat are combined?

Kind of surprised that they got Richard Dreyfuss to do custom speech for it. I guess he's the one that's still alive? I figured we'd get a decent Robert Shaw impression at best, but this could be even better. Movie assets in the game too, so not a JP situation.

First impression is that it looks pretty good. Not going to go reserve a premium without flipping it first, but the layout has potential. See what the rules are like. Following up Godzilla is a really tall order, but that game also evolved over multiple code updates. If the game is good, they'll be out there.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Doesn't look like there's a feature matrix up, but pro seems to be missing upper PF, and the shark bash toy and boat are combined?

Kind of surprised that they got Richard Dreyfuss to do custom speech for it. I guess he's the one that's still alive? I figured we'd get a decent Robert Shaw impression at best, but this could be even better. Movie assets in the game too, so not a JP situation.

First impression is that it looks pretty good. Not going to go reserve a premium without flipping it first, but the layout has potential. See what the rules are like. Following up Godzilla is a really tall order, but that game also evolved over multiple code updates. If the game is good, they'll be out there.
Matrix is there...

Reactions: Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Thanks-I'm actually really curious to shoot both the pro and the premium on this one-it actually looks like the pro might be OK? The boat in the "down" position is identical on both, so really all it changes there is that the shark bash toy becomes another shot to the same captive ball bash target. instead of the other shark under the PF. The upper PF is the biggest play change, meaning you lose the extra target/spinner on the upper PF. It also changes the ball returns in that feeding that UR flipper is going to be harder on the premium because it takes an extra shot, and draining off the upper PF is going to put you in more danger-I wonder if the rules are going to factor that in. Of course, first impression of the shark on the pro is bad-given that part of what made the movie great was not showing the shark as much as possible, the effect on the premium is way better.

Looks like the first gameplay videos are out next week, so we'll see what the code looks like then. Anyone already in on one?

Reactions: roar

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Thanks-I'm actually really curious to shoot both the pro and the premium on this one-it actually looks like the pro might be OK? The boat in the "down" position is identical on both, so really all it changes there is that the shark bash toy becomes another shot to the same captive ball bash target. instead of the other shark under the PF. The upper PF is the biggest play change, meaning you lose the extra target/spinner on the upper PF. It also changes the ball returns in that feeding that UR flipper is going to be harder on the premium because it takes an extra shot, and draining off the upper PF is going to put you in more danger-I wonder if the rules are going to factor that in. Of course, first impression of the shark on the pro is bad-given that part of what made the movie great was not showing the shark as much as possible, the effect on the premium is way better.

Looks like the first gameplay videos are out next week, so we'll see what the code looks like then. Anyone already in on one?
I am disappointed in myself. My resolution was to take a break from NIB purchases in 2024 and give my bank account a break. 2023 was a banner year with 9 NIB (including 6 x P3 modules). So yesterday I showed the JAWS trailer to my wife. Result? JAWS Prem is ordered.

She is mega excited about it despite being pissed off that chief Brody isn’t in it. However I reminded her that Sarah isn’t in Labyrinth and most characters aren’t in JP either and the games are still awesome.

So now it’s a toss up between CCrLE or WOZ ECLE getting put up for sale. Whatever we decide it’ll be in the next few weeks.

Reactions: Chris Bardon

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
What are these going for now at P1
They bill it in USD. It depends on the exchange rate once P1 gets their order. There’s a rough estimate on the bill but it clearly states it’s an estimate and the real amount depends on the rates at that time.

MSRP is posted on Stern’s site.
PRO - 6799
PREM - 9699
LE - 12999

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Jaws pinball looks great, and the theme is a winner imo
Being able to cradle the ball on that mini flipper is a neat trick.

Great theme, great looking game. Lots of nitpicks - it's not perfect but after watching the stream last night I am definitely looking forward to playing. I have a neighbor getting one and hopefully Cabin Fever gets a pro in a few weeks also!

Reactions: ritewhereiwant2b

GhostedPINBALL

Jan 10, 2021
SW Ontario
Great theme, great looking game. Lots of nitpicks - it's not perfect but after watching the stream last night I am definitely looking forward to playing. I have a neighbor getting one and hopefully Cabin Fever gets a pro in a few weeks also!
I kinda feel the opposite, I was more excited about the game until I saw the play stream. Now I am just MEH. I could take it or leave it

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
The toys on Jaws suck compared to GZ. Stern is really cutting back on toys on the playfield. Too bad, as Jaws had a lot of potential. I expected the Jaws head to spit out the ball, like the Gene head in Kiss.

Reactions: KilaOhm

KilaOhm

Nov 20, 2022
Barrie ON
The toys on Jaws suck compared to GZ. Stern is really cutting back on toys on the playfield. Too bad, as Jaws had a lot of potential. I expected the Jaws head to spit out the ball, like the Gene head in Kiss.
It would’ve been cool to have multiple Shark bash toys so you never knew where it might pop up from. Then have a hurry up mode where you had to get Bruce before he dove back under water