• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Stern Insider Connected kit (Prem.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphelman

Jul 19, 2017
Ottawa
www.twitch.tv
I pre-ordered this kit when they were announced. I have since networked my games with the one in Godzilla so have no need for this one.
received_972610136994875.jpeg

Paid around $375 all in and asking $350 for the kit. It is unopened and still in the box it was shipped in.
20220210_165031.jpg

Ponzie

Oct 3, 2017
Ottawa
Wild... So you ran network cables from all your Spike 2 machines into the switch and then into the one reader in Godzilla?

Just to confirm,...you're selling the premium/le IC reader kit only here right?
I have one already on order from Nitro for my Mando or I'd snag this for sure... GLWS.

Murphelman

Jul 19, 2017
Ottawa
www.twitch.tv
Wild... So you ran network cables from all your Spike 2 machines into the switch and then into the one reader in Godzilla?

Just to confirm,...you're selling the premium/le IC reader kit only here right?
I have one already on order from Nitro for my Mando or I'd snag this for sure... GLWS.
Yes. I networked all my Stern LCD games to the switched installed in the GZ coin door. I can log into all my games on that one reader.

This is the premium IC kit with the reader wifi dongle, SD card etc.

Reactions: Ponzie

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
Nice. I was wondering when someone was going to do something like that. As it wouldnt make sense to buy them for every game in a home environment.

Murphelman

Jul 19, 2017
Ottawa
www.twitch.tv
If you are or were a gamer than you would love this. It tracks your highest score on a game and then your average score for all your connected games.

It also has achievements that make you play each game differently than you typically would so you get the acheivments.

You can make your profile private to others as well. You can also earn badges if you go to specific shows and play there too.

Screenshot_20220212-094944_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220212-095003_Chrome.jpg

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
It’s nicely done but I find the callouts to be pointless.. Just because something is a memorable line in the movie doesn't mean it has anything to do with the gameplay. Characters that aren’t in the game spewing off movie lines. Meh. The video clips are super well done too but who stares at the screen while playing?

I’m in the minority BTW. Most people think this is the best mod ever. I find it makes the game more visually appealing to noobs since they can relate to the movie but the gameplay isn’t about the movie…

Reactions: GhostedPINBALL

GhostedPINBALL

Jan 10, 2021
SW Ontario
All good valid points and I can see both sides. Wondering how hard it is to switch back and forth in case you don't find it the way you like. Can you go back to the original call outs and video?

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
All good valid points and I can see both sides. Wondering how hard it is to switch back and forth in case you don't find it the way you like. Can you go back to the original call outs and video?
You keep 2 SD cards. One with Stern code and 1 with the modded code. You can just switch back and forth. Before playing modded code I would disconnect the WIFI and remove the additional memory card though. Pretty sure Stern can use the add-on memory for logging "things".

While Stern hasn't bricked games yet, their new EULA certainly allows them to do it. I imagine the only thing they will do for now is block games from going on IC if they are modded in any way. Kind of like XBox live and modded XBOX's. Pure speculation at this point though.

Reactions: GhostedPINBALL
Status
Not open for further replies.