• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Star Wars LE on kijiji for 9k

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
We are all assuming he actually has these games. Not that hard to find a seller of two games on Pinside and then pretend their yours.

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
I'm thinking the scammers are giving the appearance of "selling" games, so that when they go for the big scam in the future, they can appear legit and suck in more deposits.

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
It's definitely not the same SWLE. The scammer ad is still up and the game is totally different. Looks better too.

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
"Patrick" came on Pinside and wasn't happy that folks were calling him a scammer. I think enough folks apoligized and said that we are just so hyper sensitive to them now that its the immediate reaction, especially with not answering folks who want to come look.
So someone named "Paul" is getting a real good deal....

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
O-o. It looked legit to me, but you never know. As soon as I saw it I messaged him suggesting to reprice to 11k...still would have gone fast.

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
I wonder what it actually sold for. My friend had offered $13k but never heard back from the seller. Maybe he was successful with a bidding war and only spoke to the top offer. I think he must have got some around $14 or $15k if I had to guess. Finding LE games is not all that easy. Strange way to sell a game though IMO and obviously many of us thought it was a scam.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
If it was scam it was from a hacked account, 14 year old Kijiji accounts don’t grown on trees.

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
Its not a scam, I am the Paul who got both machines. Patrick is a stand up guy. Even with a bunch of higher offers from people trying to start bidding wars. Patrick sold me the pins for his asking price.

Congrats. You should also have been a stand-up guy and thrown the guy a bone. He lost his job and selling those pins way below market. Also, lots of locals would have picked it up earlier and you made him wait a week.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Congrats. You should also have been a stand-up guy and thrown the guy a bone. He lost his job and selling those pins way below market. Also, lots of locals would have picked it up earlier and you made him wait a week.
Jesus.. Jealous much? 2 guys made a deal and both are happy. Leave it alone and find your own deals??? Most here are happy the games went to someone who will actually play them instead of trying to flip for a quick buck like most members here would do.

Reactions: GUARD

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor

Do you tip your waitress? Do you tip for good service? Yet you're overpaying for food. What's wrong with suggesting the guy gives someone who lost their job a little extra, especially when he held the games for long time and sold it for asking while everyone was offering more. Just saying, Patrick was a good person and Paul could have returned the good vibes. Paul knows the deal he got because he drove 30 hours for it. When I see good deals I always off the person a little more for giving a good deal, now with the back story of losing job and turning down higher offers, I'd feel like an ass if I didn't give the guy extra money. But to each their own, I guess I'm jealous because I would do what it right! Some people here are vultures I swear.

Paul

Feb 21, 2013
NewBrunswick
Do you tip your waitress? Do you tip for good service? Yet you're overpaying for food. What's wrong with suggesting the guy gives someone who lost their job a little extra, especially when he held the games for long time and sold it for asking while everyone was offering more. Just saying, Patrick was a good person and Paul could have returned the good vibes. Paul knows the deal he got because he drove 30 hours for it. When I see good deals I always off the person a little more for giving a good deal, now with the back story of losing job and turning down higher offers, I'd feel like an ass if I didn't give the guy extra money. But to each their own, I guess I'm jealous because I would do what it right! Some people here are vultures I swear.
Patrick waited 3 days not a week. And I drove to Ontario numerous times for pins. I cant count how many times actually. I have bought pins from a few guys on this site and have driven to pick them up. Patrick asked a price and I paid it. Its fucking assholes who offer more that fuck things up for people. It happened to me before. I'm glad Patrick didn't take offers after we maid the deal. He told me when we made the deal people were telling him he could get more $$. He said he listed them for what he wanted and expected to get. Most people thought it was a scam. I sent him a deposit and went and picked them up. End of fucking story. You want to through him a fucking bone feel free to do so. I bought the pins for myself, not to flip. And if I got a good deal it be one of the first times I did. I buy pins to play and have fun, alot of people are using pins for a way to make $$$. You should of made a fucking deal with Patrick. You are probably one of the guys that would flip them.

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
Patrick waited 3 days not a week. And I drove to Ontario numerous times for pins. I cant count how many times actually. I have bought pins from a few guys on this site and have driven to pick them up. Patrick asked a price and I paid it. Its fucking assholes who offer more that fuck things up for people. It happened to me before. I'm glad Patrick didn't take offers after we maid the deal. He told me when we made the deal people were telling him he could get more $$. He said he listed them for what he wanted and expected to get. Most people thought it was a scam. I sent him a deposit and went and picked them up. End of fucking story. You want to through him a fucking bone feel free to do so. I bought the pins for myself, not to flip. And if I got a good deal it be one of the first times I did. I buy pins to play and have fun, alot of people are using pins for a way to make $$$. You should of made a fucking deal with Patrick. You are probably one of the guys that would flip them.

Patrick was being a good bro going through a rough patch, he waited for you and sold it to you while others were offering more. Afterall, he sold these because he was in need of money. All I did was say would have been awesome if you returned the favour and be a good bro too by giving him a little extra after all he did for you (wait, turn down higher offers, gave you deal of the year). But judging by your reply I can tell what kind of person you are. BTW, don't assume things about me, I never ever sold a pinball machine in my life, I've only ever owned 2 and plan on keeping those two and passing them down to my kids. I was originally happy for you for getting the pins, but after reading your reply, I wish they would have gone to a better person. I was just looking for TSPP since that's the machine that I first played and after playing it many years ago I made it a personal goal to own that machine one day, but you were quicker, fair, and square. Also funny for a non-flipper, you purchase both machines, Cheers!

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Glad you got them Paul, went to a good buyer. Now you can share the good karma and sell me your MET LE for cost :) I actually offered Patrick $3,500 over asking for both games but he was nice enough to honour your deal.