• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Spooky TCM or Looney Toons

Locutus

Feb 1, 2019
Richmond Hill
Looks like their best effort so far. They may overtake jersey jack with their quality/ value proposition soon! Great theme integration and art/light/sounds show. Let’s hope the quality and code is up to the rest of the package.

Reactions: Ponzie

Damien

Sep 25, 2016
Toronto
Spooky has shoddy craftsmanship, and atrocious quality control. I had two R&Ms iny basement side by side, and the left ramp was about 1/4 off from the other game. And there was so many more inconsistencies.

Their support is excellent, but after owning 4 Spooky games, I'd never buy NIB ever!

No exaggeration, I've seen the underside of the playfield more than the playing side.

TCM looks fun, but I'll wait until someone sells one. Resale on Spooky games is pretty terrible, so I'll just wait for that.

Joker19

Aug 1, 2021
Gatineau
This is what scares me a bit. Don't mind tweaking some things on a NiB pins, had to do that for the Stern NiB, all minor stuff.

I want to play my pins and not always have to repair, change, tweak them.

Having ramps being 1/4 inch difference will definitely change the shots geometry, we all know that even the same pin might shoot differently from pin to pin, but 1/4 inch difference on an important ramp, that's scary.

Any ways, still thinking about it since I'm a huge horror fan and from the game play the layout, shots and mechs all look to be pretty fun.

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I own: Rick and Morty, Rob Zombie, Halloween, Ultra-Man, Alice Cooper, Scooby and TNA.

So far total maintenance: I have had to replace the battery on R&M and fix the drop target, replace the robot motor and resolder the auto launcher on Rob Zombie. All the problems with Rob Zombie were already like that when I bought the machine USED. Spooky sent me replacement parts for FREE, even though I told them it was for a USED game.

TNA and Ultra-Man are on location at Meeplemart. Zero problems so far. Never ending problems with Sterns, even the machines that are barely played.

Remember that Scooby that was destroyed in shipping, that I posted about? Neither the initial carrier (R&L Carriers), nor Shippsy would assume responsibility for the damage. So I was f**ked. You know what Spooky did? They gave me a brand new machine for FREE!!!
Now, tell me about how great Stern is, when I had to wait 7 months for them to replace a $20 part on a DOA, NIB, Avengers IQ?

Last edited:

Joker19

Aug 1, 2021
Gatineau
Thanks Zoom! Great explanation and happy you got great service.

I agree no machine or manufacture is perfect. I've not been in the hobby for too long and mostly only have experience with home use machines, did the regular maintenance, cleaning, changing rubbers, balls, lights adding some mods. No major repairs.

I guess I might also be trying to convince myself! Lol

mdeslaur

Dec 8, 2016
Levis, Quebec
I've had more problems with my Godzilla than I have had with Halloween. In fact, I'm still trying to get the famous Stern "click of death" fixed, hopefully the new power distribution board I got yesterday will solve the issue, as the new power supply didn't.

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
I have a deposit on TCM, but I have AMH, Halloween and R&M and they have been great. Very little repairs. I admit I had to do some tweaks to R&M to improve the shots, but it has been very reliable. Others had nighmares but that can happen with other brands as well. Looking forward to my next Spooky.

Reactions: Joker19